SCHS GIRLS BASKETBALL

scbballfreak

I don't know if anyone noticed this but i was lookin at the polls recently and noticed that oak ridge and shelbyville are ahead of sevier co. in all polls. Teams which sevier co. defeted this summer during camps, also shelbyville didn't even make the state tournament last year, oak ridge went out in the first round, sevier co. won the state title rather handely over lawrence co. also lets look at who oak ridge has played this year,nobody, maybe 2-3 teams worth spitting at and there in the top 20 in the nation?! Yes oak ridge is a good bball team but not that good, if anyone agrees with me on this subject please tell me cause i hope i'm not the only one

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge, Shelbyville, and Sevier County all will most likely be in Murfreesboro. However, the part of your argument about Oak Ridge not playing anyone is inaccurate. They have played the 11th toughest schedule in Tennessee not counting the teams they faced in Phoenix and Greeneville over Christmas. Sevier County has played the 60th toughest schedule.

Sevier County may win it all again as they deservedly did last year. The blind-draw will play a big part in that as it does each year.

I'm not sayin sevier co. is better than shelbyville or oak ridge, but the summer tells a lot about what a team is made of and they proved what there made of ,no height at all, but yet they've only lost 2 games. They did lose two of the best post players in a long time but they've still got it, beating the 3 time defending florida state champs by 25 in the greeneville classic? tell me thats not a quality win the teams that were in that tournament were some of the best in the country, yes they have lost. BUT if they played every game like it was there last they would be unstoppable, no doubt. I would love to see oak ridge and sevier co. in the regular season game, that would be one of the best matchups in tennesse, and maybe even the southeast us.

I don't believe Sevier Co played Oak Ridge during the summer camps, did they? I thought the "Big 4" knocked off each other:

Shelbyville beat Sevier Co

Sevier Co beat Lawrence Co

Lawrence Co beat Oak Ridge

and Oak Ridge beat Shelbyville

Isn't that how it went? If anyone can remember back that far, correct me if I'm wrong.....

By the way, didn't I read that Oak Ridge won the Greenville Classic?? or didn't they play in that one?

I really don't believe ur right about the summer thing considering it was all over our papers, but u could be. And about oak ridge yes they did win the greeneville classic, don't get me wrong oak ridge is a good team, just not as good as u think.On the other hand shelbyville is a good basketball team, so is greeneville the team which beat sevier co in the classic, by 1 on free throws. I don't recall shelbyville being in that tournament they were probably in a different one and i'm sure they did very well.

team that has the toughest schedule hmm. i don't really think oak ridge does even though the people who did that know what there talkin about. first because the district oak ridge is in has absolutley no competition, except greeneville which showed up from knowhere this season, they have a very strong team.also the district sevier co. is in has no competition, farragut which was thought to be a good team, sevier co. slaughtered with there suffacating press defenense, and they match up agian tomm night ,friday. As for the toughest schedule i think powell has a pretty tough schedule, they are not the best team in the state, they sure gave oak ridge all they wanted, with oak ridge only winning by 5.