Baylor parents need to grow up

Guest gibder03

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing and entertaining to watch a rumor get started on this board. A kid hears second hand that a Baylor parent threw a soft drink on a cheerleader and then reports it here as gospel. This then leads to unsubstantiated gross generalities related to imagined snobbery.

I'm from the other side of the river but Baylor parents are a class act. They are some of the most knowledgable wrestling fans (not quite as McCallie parents but close) and good representatives of the school and Chattanooga.

We're going to have to have pictures, depositions, eye witnesses, etc before the "thrown soft drink" accusation will fly.

I heard from a reliable source that shaking hands with public school wrestlers leads to ring worm. I have it from an informed source on the internet!

I went to a public school and I never heard of the not shaking hands thing, and their fans are bad because they complain???Apparently you don't watch much wrestling or pay attention when you do because the fans for EVERY team complain if the call goes against them.

Guest Bwrestler

Who ever thinks that we are to good to shake hands with public schools is out of their mind. Give me some example of what you're talking about and I'll try to set things straight. About our parents, I can't imagine haveing a more knowledgeable group of fans who are so enthusiastic about wrestling. By complaining that they need to grow up shows that you have no idea what your talking about.

Dragonwrestler, thanks to Steve Logsden, we'll never know if Bradley can whip private schools. Baylor and McCallie both would welcome the opportunity. You'll have to address your challenge to Coach Logsden. However, if Clarksville wants to come to the McCallie Open, I'm sure they'd be welcome. It would only add to the competition.

Wrestling4life, I, and I imagine Takedown3, were making a point about the the way rumors start on the internet through the use of "satire". I'm sure at some point during your education, someone will introduce you to that concept. In the meantime you don't have to be concerned about shaking hands with anyone who has washed them. However, you probably need to be concerned about your education.

[Edited by uncfan13 on 2-4-03 7:33A]