Brandon Waters to TN Tech not CN

LordInfamous

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waters is a fine athlete, congrats to him. Yes, it is true that Tech is a "level" above C-N, but by no means is competiiton greater. TN. Tech couldn't compete with CN. For those Eagle haters, you need to head down to Mossy Creek and check out what Coach Sparks means when he talks about "Orange Bullets."

Longsnapper if you have seen Tech and CNC play you would know why CN beats IAA teams whenever they meet. Tennessee consist of #1 UT #2 Vandy or Memphis #3 sorry to say is CN not UTC or Tech or ETSU. You just don't know your football. CN usually recruits major prospects out of Miami area that could not play at a major college due to grades or ACT being borderline. CN is able to pick them up, where many larger state schools are to strict. CN therefore has more talent getting through a loop hole that Tech can't. As far as pros go there have been more from CN than Tech because CNC has excellent connections with scouts and they know of the talent CN gets from Miami. Face it, you are just upset that an excellent smaller football school would whip up on your mediocre unexciting Tech program. You could not pay me to watch Tech

[Edited by bud on 2-11-03 4:09P]

no..2nd in TN is MTSU bud..you obviously dont know football. They have beat Vandy the past 2 years. CN is not 3 either..How can you honestly say CN could beat Tech? I wouldn't pay to see Carson Newman..the only time I went was b/c it was free. I have never heard of any Carson newman players in the NFL. Tech has a guy that plays for the Dolphins right now..why don't you just quit posting comments and go back to your carson Newman website and wish u were a player.

Tech currently has Josh Symnotte with the Miami Dolphins, Corey Chamblin with the Tampa Bay Bucs, Troy Grant with the Texans, Jahi Henley in NFL Europe (rep by Saints I think) and DJ Bleisath was the player in the Hula Bowl who will sign. Tech has had four DBs in the leauge in the last three seasons. From extensive experience, Carson Newman cannot stay on the same playing field as Tech. Whether you feel Tech is mediocre (which they were last year) or not, their level of competition far exceeds D2s. The only thing close to a D2 opponent last year was IAA independent Valparasio, Tech beat them 66-10. This is apples and oranges. Tech plays Iowa State, they get beat. Tech plays CN, they win. Is it fair, no, it's called scholarship distibution.

Please provide the lengthy list of NFL players from Carson Newman. If it requires two posts because of its length, we will understand. Provide facts, not conjecture. I also find it amusing that you are so proud of the academic nightmares slipping through the CNC loophole "from Miami". Tennessee Technological University is about a quality education. The term student-athlete applies. We're not a football factory and we don't hang our hats on athletic prowess, and I'm darn proud of that. TTU (English and Journalism, 1986).