Metro Jobs?

Guest Gladiator1

Tribue wants Armstrong, but only on Tribue's terms..which is as it should be. Humility is needed from Armstrong. Tribue is sending a very stong message...remember who the boss is and leave the bat at home. Who knows if Armstrong will figure it out. But the plans are now to announce all three next week, but we will see what happens.

As typical metro, very few assistant coaches jobs will change, although it will be very much needed. With Campbell going to HL, it will be fun to watch the staff pull some of the same stuff on an east nashville product. An attitude adjustment will be in quick order. It will be an eye opening experience for those guys.

It wouldnt surprise me if there were some changes at Mc, but I don't think there will be many. Most of the staff are comfortable as assistants, and have been for many years, and they all know and have a relationship with Armstrong. At the most, I foresee two coaches with thoughts of leaving. This will be an entirely new coaching staff in 3-5 years.

The coaching shuffle for Stratford has not yet been given an exact time-line, but with spring practice looming, it will happen much faster than the other three. This could be a prime job for someone, because there will be assistant positions to fill. There are still some outstanding athletes eligible at Stratford and there can be immediate success, building on what Campbell has done. Broome will be a front runner, but not a lock for this one.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known Richard Campbell for many years. I know Coach Campbell to be one of the best coaches I have ever seen. He is disciplined, caring, intelligent, and a man I would want my son playing for. If he got the Hunters Lane job , Hunters Lane will have them a GREAT coach and a GREAT person and a GREAT teacher! Go for it Coach! I love it! :o

[Edited by PantherGam on 2-26-03 7:44P]

Many guesses have been made as to who will be appointed to the metro football jobs. Let's change this up a little, stop guessing, and make some decisions ourselves - even though they are only for fun. Make picks for each opening, and the possible domino effect openings, as if the decision was really yours. I'll go first.

Glencliff - Abner. They want him and he wants them. As long as Jim Wilson assists, they will do well. Abner is a good coach and Wilson will teach him how to be a good head coach.

McGavock - Spears. He would be able to keep their staff in tack, and they have some excellent assistants at McGavock already. He would bring a jolt of enthusiasm that is needed.

Hunters Lane - Campbell. He would bring stability, discipline, and work ethic. Most of the current staff would work well with him. If Brown, Johnson, Moreno, and Bodenhamer stay and assist, they could be a real force.

Stratford - Smith. His high powered offense with the athletes at Stratford would be a lethal mix. Would need to bring two capable assistants with him. Would Gerald Johnson and/or Joe Campbell remain on the staff as non-faculty coaches? Could be an instant big winner.

Monty has no inside info on HL , Mcg or any other school. He changed his predictions about coaches getting the jobs 3 different times along with when they would be announced. The crap about assistants undermining the head coach is to cover for inadquate preparation for the job. Leave the thread ans. dr., etc., you have no credibilty anymore.

Guest snotknocker

I agree with coachtut. Don't blame assistants for a poor performance by a head coach who was rumored to be lazy.

Also, does answerking really have any inside information or not?

I'm still waiting on the "inside information" that ripnrun asked answerking on about the "backstabbing" assistants at HL. Is it one or were they all in it together? Please let us in on the "juicy information" :confused: :confused: If you are truly the king of answers, please enlighten us, your readers are dying to know!

Coach, Hillsboro lost every interior lineman that played except Bryant (DT) and one other. I think Fisher returning will be a key. I don't think he's spent that year off in the weight room. Just look at him on the basketball court, Chris Russell's bigger than he is now - and I'd have never believed that after the BCB of '01. It shows that Russell got in the weight room and made himself a legit D-1 player during last off-season. If Fisher and Bryant don't show some leadership, and get that group into the weight room and stay out of trouble - then White House will be in the 4A semis next fall.