Div 2 - Friday Feb. 8 results

brownhut

Harding and Hutchison played a tense defensive struggle with Hutchison coming out on top 42-31. The lead was between 5 and 8 for most of the 2nd - 4th quarters for the Sting. Harding hit crucial threes whenever it looked as if Hutch was going to put them away. Unfortunately for Harding, they couldn't get any production in the paint. The final margin reached 11 because of Harding resorting to fouls late in the game. I believe Rachel black had 14 or 15 to lead the Lions while Sara Hester led Hutchison with 17.

The game was NOT officiated well. Hutchison point guard Paige Patrick fouled out early in the fourth because of imaginary calls away from the ball, while Harding got called for a couple of travels that were non-existent.

Well played game by both teams. Good sportmanship throughout.

One official was really struggling! Seldom do you see both benches complain on one call! 28 total personals in the game

Lions could muster only 33.3% from the field (9/27) while Hutch shot 45.7%(16/35) with Hester with 7/9 plus 3/4 FT for 17-they won the game on freethrows (10/14=71.4%),good ball-handling (12 turnovers vs 18 for the Lions), and an aggressive inside game.

Lions beat Immaculate Conception this afternoon 52-25....GO LIONS!

hey brownhut, first of all it is nice to communicate with u. I hope you are doing very well and somehow can exist through this ice age. Secondly...I remembered just recently that there were two "hutch" girls I met where I work in Nashvegas (besides all the ones I met (and loved..ie..JILL SARTELL) while going to UTK)....one is named Robin Formanek (who was running for Ms. Shelby Teen), her and her mother were really nice and I really wish them the best....if you know this girl please let her know the waiter from green hills said "sup" and that I hope she is doing better than the Grizzlies...uh, I think I can relay those sentiments to you Brownhut....best wishes, GO IRISH

[Edited by frhsrules on 2-9-03 12:33A]

Harding beat I.C. this afternoon in a make-up game @ I.C. That was the side-show. More importantly, Harding Senior Blair Jackson won the 3point shootout. I.C. apparantly forgot to call officials to come to the game, and the game was delayed over 30 minutes. So, instead of just sitting around, each team selected their top 3 sharpshooters and held a 3point shootout. As the Grizzlies Wesley Person was competing in the NBA contest, Harding's Rachel Black, Laura Haynes, and Blair Jackson competed against 3 Wildcats in this one. Each contestant got to shoot 10 balls around the arc. Harding won the first round team contest, and Blair Jackson, Laura Haynes, and one of the I.C. players tied at 4 and went into a shootout. Senior Blair Jackson edged out the competition to win. And about the game, Harding beat I.C. on Thursday 55-22 and led 29-1 at halftime and never allowed a basket inside the arc. On Saturday, though, Harding slacked off a little bit. They still didn't allow any baskets in the first half, and led 24-6 (all I.C. pts were from free-throws). But the Lions didn't win by as big a margin, only 52-27, and this time I.C. was able to get over half of Harding's score.

GO LIONS!!!

No, I'm not the woman who made you move! Where were you that you had to move? The only place I can think of would be on top of the bleachers that aren't pulled out. Am I right?

Thanks for the stats Lionstats. Even though I'm a Hutch fan, I try to be objective when posting. You do a good job of it!

FRHS - I'll ask Robin when I see her. I guess not everyone can be an athlete.

Univ. School of N'ville held Jada Mincy to 6 yesterday. I haven't heard anything about them this year.

Did USN beat Briarcrest?

yeah we were on top of them, but the person who films the games usally wasnt their so me and my friend were helping out Coach Derrick by doing it and they told me to scoot over like a half an inch.

Hutchison could have the nicest gym in D2 Memphis if they had more seats, like for a guys game it would be great to put the students behind the goal like at BTW and White Station

Briarcrest 30 - USN 18

Hutchison just doesn't have the need to have huge bleachers even though, as you said, the gym is magnificent. The gym holds a surprising number of people if you count the bleachers at the ends which are usually not pulled out. I believe the first day of girls' D2 West games will be played there with the following rounds at MUS. I think there will be six games that day. Maybe with all the teams there we can fill the place up.