POLL: Should Softball be moved to a fall sport?

rSquared

Injun, it's funny you mentioned high school practice.

Has anyone had any? (lol). In two weeks for practice,

some teams may have gotten outside two days. The

next two weeks looks like the same. Then the season

starts. So it looks like we will go straight into

the season with no or very little on field practice.

No other high school sport starts a season with no

practice (sorry, can't include indoor practices).

I don't mean to belabor the point of changing the season,

at the same time, any reason for or against changing the

season can be argued quite well.

(also, no offense about "Injun", being of Cherokee descent

myself, that is a compliment) :rolleyes:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Softball is a tournament sport...in other words, all teams get to play in the district tournament with a chance to advance. I would much rather put up with cold weather early in preseason and early season games and have warm weather during the tournament, than the other way around. wet weather can happen anytime, including the fall. I've already voted no, but wanted to say more on this issue.

NOOOO!!!! I am a cheerleader, and I play softball. There is NO WAY I could juggle the two in the same season! No one could handle it!! It would be really complicated! It's better that they are separated! During the fall, you can keep your concentration on whatever sport, then in the spring you can keep your eye on the other sport! That is so much easier, dont you think? I get way stressed out as it is with one sport! I know I couldnt handle two. More than likely coaches would have games and practices scheduled on the same days.. how would you chose? It would be horrible! VOTE NO!!!!!!

Amb :D

Thank you Vols4me!

Even if cheerleading is just an "activity", there would still be too much interference with the two sports! If softball moved to fall.. it would interfer with basketball, football, AND cheerleading! All these sports are popular, and it would kill people trying to do so many things at the same time! Use common sense... dont have 3 sports going on all at the same time!

Amb and Nici :o

I have a niece who cheers. The gymnastics side of cheering is certainly a sport. Her squad trains ten months a year. The girls compete several times a year at cheerleading competitions throughout the eastern United States. There is a winner, based on points awarded by the judges. The training is hard, injuries occur, and competition is part of the package. There is a lot more to cheering these days than simply yelling, "Go Team." Cheerleaders today must also be athletic. I am glad that some of them play softball.

I've thought of a nice little set-up.

Fall: Softball, Football, & Boys' Soccer

Spring: Baseball, Volleyball, Tennis, Track, & Girls' Soccer

This would also allow softball players to have the chance to choose between volleyball, track, and soccer. This would also allow for guys to play soccer and run track. Oh, and it would be better for softball as a whole.

~*~ YES ~*~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to use this weather we are having as a HUGE

example for moving softball to fall.

Recently I spoke with a coach from Kansas City and he told me that thier softball was played in the fall and it worked out GREAT seems to me that Kansas would have alot colder weather than we would have here that time of the year. I think it would be much better suited for FALL. How many days have any teams actually been able to take the dirt for practicing????? Not many I can grant you. So many teams will begin playing actual games with out EVER being on dirt (using this year's weather as an example).

To ALL the ladies that live for this sport of Softball.....

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!! :D:):D

[Edited by pitchrBware on 2-25-03 1:39P]