Volunteer Falcons

Stokomo

Had to check this site out, since I heard I was a topic at one point. Jeeezzzz, there's gotta be better things to talk about :confused: .

Are the Falcons coming together? There's way too much senior leadership to go 'one and out' in the district Monday. Surely you seniors aren't through playing this year. Now's the time to rise to the ocassion for your team, your coaches, your school and most importantly for each other. Could'a, would'a and should'a stinks after it's all said and done. Trust me (Sullivan South 1981 football, ask an old person like me about it).

Check out the station web site at www.y1043.com for scores and pictures. Just click on the Voice/Vol Falcons tab to the left. If you know any of the people who have signed the guestbook, let me know. I'd like to thank them for their comments.

In the words of Ronnie: 'GO VOLUNTEER FALCONS...MAKE AN A'

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to disappoint you Tony but you were not the topic of the discussion. Someone used a situation in which you were involved to make a point.

In any event, welcome to CoachT under your own handle. :)

See you at Elizabethton Monday night. I hope it will not be your last broadcast this year.

YEAH!!!! Tony's here. :D

Yes you were in several postings, but nothing bad. Many of us wouldn't like that :D .

Thanks for promoting Volunteer High School in a positive way. More people listen than you realize and enjoy the way you and Mr. Tate talk about things. Positive, never negative. As for me...thanks for being friendly to the students who don't play ball. The student section puts you up there with Coach W because you believe the student section plays a SMALL part of the game.

Win or lose...we love the Falcons!!!

PS Checked out the website. One suggestion...more pictures.

Hey VHS2003! Thanks for the comments and the e-mail. I love watching the student section really get into the game. As a former Falcon player, I do believe it makes a difference in the game.

Hey Steve. Definately not dissappointed. The thread was locked before I could read what was said, and you kow how these things get blow WAY out of proportion. It's all about the kids busting their butts to win and doing it with class.

Speaking of class, congratulations to Richard Carroll for his induction into the TSSAA Hall of Fame. Where's Bobby Snyder? He needs to go also, and hey, don't count out Dennis Bellamy. VHS needs a representative in the Hall, and Coach B had winners for a number of years. After attending the induction of my dad and Charlie McConnell last year, I see the importance of representation from Upper East Tennessee. I think Jay Salley is another deserving local.

Big task tomorrow night Falcons. Let's keep playing in 2003! Good job controlling the boards against Cherokee.

Good luck to the Falcons tomorrow afternoon. It's been a good season, let's continue it a while longer, say a couple of weeks. Remember guys, find the open man, or the one with the hot hand. It's usually the same guy. Sometimes it's that simple, especially at tourney time. Again, good luck!

Good Luck tomorrow guys!! No matter what, you deserve this win! Third time's the charm!! Go kick some Raider Tail!! To thoise of you who care about it, think of what their football team did to our football field. SNHS Ruckus burnt on the 50 yard line.

Good luck tomorrow night! You guys can take them down!!

You're right about Starzalonne, I can't spell it either, beating you single-handed. So can Chucky Lindholm if he gets the ball fed to him. Don't know the stats, but he's rebounding is offensive as well as defensive. He gets a lot of put backs. There is a tendency not to feed lower classmen in the clutch i.e. the last North game at the end, no matter how good their are and Lindholm is good. It's the coach's job to see these things happen or don't happen.

Good luck, guys!

No, Scarsellone did not beat us singlehandedly. Buchanan and Minnick do a good job for them had a lot to do with the outcome of the game.

To the other poster I will say that I have never seen any reluctance about going to Chucky late in the game. In fact if we are ahead we try to get the ball in his hands because he is the best free throw shooter. Remember to give the other teams some credit for playing defense that denies Chuck the ball.

It is still a team game and the rest of the team needs to step up in those situations. That is important because if you relie on one man too much the other team can key on that player and shut you down. It is true that we do not hit the post as often as we should but I have seen all of them be guilty of that.

We will be in good shape if everyone plays up to his ability (and I do not mean over his head), plays as a team, stays out of foul trouble and keeps his head. I have seen very few times when I thought we were hitting on all cylinders on a given night.

In any event we as fans need to stay out of the same type of conduct as I have seen out of some other schools "fans" on this board. The bunch from Unaka were terrible earlier in the year when things were not going the best for them. You would have thought Coach Ensor had just been pulled out of the music department or had morphed into someone other than who he was when he was the greatest coach in the world when they were winning. The fans were saying terrible things to each other. That for the most part is counterproductive.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-24-03 7:39A]