West Tenn. Top 10

CoachD33

To coincide with my "ponying up" to become a Plus Member, I am releasing my West Tenn. Top 10 for the last full week of the regular season. Once again this doesn't include Shelby County teams, not because I don't consider them a part of West Tennessee but because they have their own Dandy Dozen. Border county teams get a chance to be in both! After great study and gathering input, as well as weeping & gnashing of teeth, here goes:

1.Bolivar

2.Dyer Co.

3.Dyersburg

4.Jackson Northside

5.Haywood Co.

6.Humboldt

7.Adamsville

8.Fayette-Ware

9.Jackson Southside

10.Ripley

Honorable Mention:(in no particular order)

JCS, Trenton, Middleton, Westview, Lexington, Union City, Milan, Munford

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by basket2424:

how in the world can you guys pick bolivar over dyer co. thats insane. dyer co. is the best team in the state outside of white station in any classification

I'll try and overlook boasting and just address Bolivar being #1. Since the two teams did not meet this year we look at common opponents. Bolivar is 10-2 against what I deemed "quality opponents" while Dyer Co. is 9-2. One of Bolivar's losses was by two against Oxford Miss., the other an early season loss at Fayette-Ware. DC's were at Dyersburg & Haywood. Both beat Melrose & Maplewood by comparable scores at Christmas with Dyer County having homecourt advantage. The two are pretty much a push but I give a slight edge to Bolivar.

Hooper, after Bolivar & Dyer Co. there's probably not five points difference between the next 12-14 teams. I will take exception with your Dyersburg/Humboldt picks. The Trojans have "quality" wins over Dyer Co, Westview, Union City, & a late season "woodshedding" of Northside. Humboldt started the season slow but have 2nd half wins over Milan(twice), Trenton, & Southside. They may not be 6 but somewhere 6-10 anyway. Thanks for the positive input.

This is tough, with all the great competition... I do not count Bartlett's district, either (Munford, Bolton, etc)

1)Bolivar--Great team as good as any in the state

1)Dyer Co--See above

3)Fayette-Ware--Two wins vs Haywood give the advantage

4)Jackson Northside--Talented team on a roll, minus D-burg fluke

5)Haywood Co--Very athletic, talented team often underrated

6)Ripley--See above

7)Dyersburg--Some good wins, but some bad losses unexplained

8)Jackson Southside--Questionable after loss to Humbolt

9)Adamsville--Mabye best Class A team in the State

10)Humbolt--Duo of Shivers and Dotson is outstanding

HonMention: Westview, Chester Co, Union City, Lexington, Milan, Trenton

I think that Dyersburg plays to the competition. When playing a good team like DC, they step up and win. However, when playing average teams, they slack off and don't play as hard, sometimes losing. At above average they can beat almost any other team that plays their best. At the Westview tournament, they played in the championship against Pisgah, Alabama after scraping by their other games. Pisgah was a top ranked team in Alabama and Dyersburg manhandled them. If they were a bit more consistent, they could be the top ranked team in the state.

fuquaismyhero, you are right about dyersburg stepping up to the competition in most games, but what happened at dyer co when they got took behind the woodshed for a good ol whipping. also they lost by 11 to westview!! consistency is what wins games and championships. if you ever take someone lightly you will get your tail beat. lets just see how dyersburg fares fri nite before we say anything else. they have a rematch with northside and i dont think it will be very pretty for dyersburg. they won so easy the first time i dont think they will step it up like they should and will get beat, but maybe i am wrong..