3A teams to watch for

PowerSet

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett County should field an equally talented team that went 13-1 last year. They lose All-Stater Artis Pitts but still have fellow All-Stater Earnest Williams who is truly a gifted athlete - probably the best pure athlete to ever come through that school. They're going to miss bookend linemen D'Juan Love (Mr. Football winner) and Dane Simmons (1st team all region) but they have some good young players who got a load of experience this past season. I expect Crockett will be an odds on favorite to win the region and they should be one of the top 4 teams in the state. It's a reloading year for the Cavs.

Volfan911

Austin East will be a team to wreckon with. With most of 3A region 2 and 4 losing a lot, AE didn't lose anything. But did gain a sense of urgency. Offense 8 starters return on offense and 7 return on a great defense. They have a great sophomore class. Not atheletically but in their work habit. They have set the tone in the weight room along with the great junior class.(Albert Harris, Anthony McCallister, Tyrone Jackson, and Elliot Bishop). Ae QB problems should be solved. They have 5 credible candidates for the job (0 seniors). Watch out for the roadrunners.

Guest cneagles

You all said the same thing about this region last year. Trousdale and Smith county were the only teams that were any good. And Trousdale loses everything. Portland was terrible.

That is a big question. Coach Stevens is coaching the QB's now and coach Graham (who played with and good friends with Jerry Colquitt former UT QB) will have more input with the passing game. But as far as QB's rising Junior Trevail Minnifield (more than likely he is moving to WR), rising Junior Eric Sackett( has had a great winter workout so far) Coach Graham says he is really impressed with his development. The favorite so far is Brandon Strickland rising sophomore and freshman Jared Troutman. Both of them are true QB's. Strickland puts you in mind of Lee Curry. Has a great arm and leadership skills. But the best so far to Coach Graham as far as mechanics, arm stregnth, and ball control is Arsenio (i think he said his last name is Moulden).

Guest cneagles

You know the great thing about 3A is that it is wide open. Every region has a couple of teams that could put a run together and make it to state. I should have used my words on Portland better and for that I apologize. But all over Coach T last spring and summer was about this region that no one could hang with. Well I just do not see Smith, Trousdale, and Portland being any better than Marshall, Greenbrier, and Page. So for you to come on this board again this offseason and talk about how next years state champ will come from that region is rediculous.

190 Days, 27 Weekends, 4+ Months, 2 Dead Periods, 1 Spring Practice, and a Whole lot of Blood, Sweat, and Tears until we kick off the season once again. (Lord Willing)

[Edited by cneagles on 2-12-03 1:53P]