3A teams to watch for

PowerSet

Guest ELittle

As I've been reading, it seems that every team has a young quartback. Livingston, Smith, Trousdale, and Portland's quartback is a junior I think. They all could have problems I think. How good are the young quartbacks?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure about how the other young QB's are.. But i can tell you that Wilson Cates from Livingston Academy has really turned some heads in his freshman year.. He grew up alot and got alot of playing time and really turned into a double threat.. Not only can he throw he can run... I think that he'll do good this year too.. He's only a sophomore, so all he can is better!! GO CATS!!!! :)

Guest ELittle

I read in the paper where he made ALL-MIDSTATE team as an athelete. So, he must be pretty good. What about Smith Co., Portalnd, and Trousdale Co.? All anyone is talking about is Livingston and Macon. I think Portland will be strong. But I don't know about Smith and Trousdale. I don't know what they have since no one is talking about them. They were the two best teams last season.

Trousdale will still have several very skilled athletes. I believe the fate of the team will depend heavily on how well the new Q.B will do. However, Satterfield will ajust his offense to its strengths, he may no longer throw the ball, but they still have speed and will still be a threat.

Smith County lost a great deal but they have some really good young talent. It will depend on how quickly they mature and develop. They should have a good defensive end returning as a junior, he looked tough as a sophomore and just happens to be Macon County's Coach's son. They usually are very good down there so I look for them to be pretty good.

I do think the Cates Kid from Livingston will be the best Q.B. in the region and I look for Portland to return as Contenders for the region title.

The Region 2 and Region 4 thing I could really care less about. I will tell you that Fulton is still full of Athletes, but leadership (senior) is a question. A-E They are the real deal. They should have the best team in region 2AAA. They have a group of Sophomores that are gonna be tough, and a group of Juniors that are as good as anywhere. They have the athletes, and have the leadership.

The Region 2 and Region 4 thing I could really care less about. I will tell you that Fulton is still full of Athletes, but leadership (senior) is a question. A-E They are the real deal. They should have the best team in region 2AAA. They have a group of Sophomores that are gonna be tough, and a group of Juniors that are as good as anywhere. They have the athletes, and have the leadership.

REPLY---

I see them also. I hear Stevens and his whole staff went to another coaching clinic this year. Last time they sone this they came back with a new offense (wing T to Spread). I don't know what the agenda was but I do know that the last time they went they won the state. Offensive Line will once again be the question. They have the depth but no one clearly dominates as of yet. But they are working hard in the locker room. Coach REsnick (O-line coach) is very demanding and a perfectionist in the weight room. They will be much improved from last year.