who are the top 5 wrestlers in the last ten years?

bearlock

DMX, The thread said the top 5 wrestlers in the last ten years. Wells dominated Tennesse while he was here and was ranked #1 in the nation his senior year....if I'm not mistaken Wells is the only Tennessee wrestler ever to be ranked #1 in the country.(Plus I'm a big UT fan...hahaha!)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INTHECIRCLE

just trying to figure out, if Simpson was out of a "weak" DII and was not chosen then why was Wunderlich and Lewis picked, aren't they out of the same "weak" DII, just can't justify the reasoning.

Simpson - MBA

Keller - BC

McTory - OV

Ward - SD

Wells - BA

Why is there only one post that includes Matt sweeton in the top 5.

He was a three time state champ, and the only time he did not win was when Matt Keller blew through everybody like he did all four of his years.

I do not know who the guy was that was questioning if phillip simpson should be on it, but you are crazy, he should be right there under keller, or maybe even beside him because they never wrestled that i know of, which is really sad because i would have paid just to watch that one match. Simpson beat 2 of the 5 wrestlers Ncaa ranked last year at the Virginia Duals. He was voted outstanding wrestler there. FOR A FRESHMAN AT THE COLLEGIATE LEVEL I DO BELIEVE THAT IS A MIGHTY FINE HONOR.

And Rusty Blackmon was a good wrestler, but he was in week weight classes. how else can you explain a 22 second pin in the finals his senior year. he was a great wrestler but in my opinion since his competition was not to good it hurts him in this feild.

My picks:

Matt Keller

Phillip Simpson

Matt Sweeton

Kevin Ward

Scott Wells

Why not Sweeton on my list? though I loved the way he wrestled, 2 reasons.

2000--Matt McCarty. Hands Sweeton his proverbial Behind early in the year, Sweeton goes up to 145.

2001--Kevin Ward. Sweeton didn't even bother trying this one.

Was he Good? Yes. Was he Great? Yes. but the BEST? had a chance to prove it, and Couldn't.

Guest rocket34

Guys I will have to go with these guys:

1.Keller-Brad.

2.Simpson-MBA

3.McTorry-Ov.

4.Lewis-McC

5.Eslinger-Brad

About Simpson guys if you dont think this kid is one of the top 5. You have not been watching the same sport I have been watching. It is kids like this that will put this state on the map for wrestling.

Did Simpson and Keller ever face off? And if so who one? :confused:

Tough call. Mine,

Simpson-without a doubt, the discussion starts here

Keller-a stud. Would have loved to see vs Simpson

Ward-had it all, and mean

Wells-unbeatable. Best big man TN has ever seen

McTorry-gets the nod over Nelson because of nationals finish.