Bench press

Justadad

y do alot of ppl knock josh. i played against him in football and he's tha real deal. he works hard for what he gets. i don't believe he's on steroids at all. if that wuz the case he woulda been tested a long time ago while he's doing the weight lifting competitions. i have nothin but alot of respect for a guy for the time he spends in the weight room and bettering himself. y dont' ya'll leave this kid alone and let him live adn b himself.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you boneal52 and bigman76 for the kind words about Josh. Seems as though others have heard about Josh and all his accomplishments and are really glad for him and wish him well. The hard work does pay off and you CAN BE CLEAN AND NOT ON STERIODS to get it to pay off for you. Josh is an incredible athlete and just as incredible as a person. Thank you again.

allsports...you need to learn how to pick your fights. Where in my post did I attempt to implicate anyone, much less some kid I don't even know? I think you need to go back and read my post. And this time, look up the words you don't understand. Show me EXACTLY where I led you to believe I was implying your boy was doing anything suspicious...for that matter, show me where I was directing my comments towards ANYONE in particular. heck, I replied to a post that, itself, wasn't directed towards any individual! Just let me add this...when I was in college, there was a guy who was the national record holder for his weight group. I think he was around 155 pounds or so and he benched somewhere around 460. He never played a down of football in college. There were guys in the dorm who were bigger than, and could out-lift most of the guys on the team, but they never played a down of football in college. There was a 48 year old black guy named Jessie who worked out at the same gym I did...he would routinely bench 405 without a spotter, and he never played a down of football in college. In this same gym was a guy named Luther who DID play D1 college football. He was around 6-5 and weighed around 310 but could barely get 315 off his chest. Are we beginning to get the big picture about the big bench?

Ohhhhhh----we have the big picture loud and clear!!!!!! I didn't pick the fight--you did. You implicated (do you know the meaning of that word) everyone that bench presses in high range when you started running your mouth about the supplements. I merely stepped in to tell you about Josh. Like I said, a simple blood test would shut your mouth but Josh doesn't have anything to prove to you or anyone else and certainly not anyone with diarrhea of the mouth. A little frustrated because you can't lift that much????? Read your post!!!!! I'm not the only one reading these posts and I'm not the only one taking offense to what you posted. I know OBNOXIOUS (big word, do you know the meaning???) when I read it. Josh reads these posts also, as well as his parents and Smoky Bear fans of Sevier County. They took offense as well as I did.

You are correct--you don't know Josh and you don't know what you are talking about so why make a fool out of yourself by writing a post like you did? You insulted Josh and everyone else that benches in the high range. I can't speak for the others (and neither can you), but I know what Josh has done and continues to do and once again, he is clean, AND he can play football. Pretty darn good at football or D1 schools wouldn't be contacting him. Pretty darn good at bench pressing or he wouldn't be at The Arnold Classic 2 years in a row (where you have to qualify) and at 16 years old. He wouldn't be invited to the combines if he wasn't good at benching either. Maybe your friends aren't multi-tallented like Josh, but he can bench in the high range without supplements and juice and whatever else you referred to in your post. If you are that concerned about your post, go watch Josh and take a look at him. He doesn't compare (as I stated before) to the gym rats pumped up on steriods. I notice you didn't mention your gym rat buddies. Ever ask them about their supplements or juice???? No, well, then maybe you shouldn't insinuate others are on the stuff. When you begin lifting at age 12, work at it every day, and you have the build of Josh, you can lift a tremendous amount WITHOUT THE SUPPLEMENTS AND JUICE AND HE DOES!!!!!!!!

You can find Josh this Fall knocking the stuffing out of the defensive line, holding 2 at a time off protecting his QB, blocking kicks, making lots of tackles, making big plays, etc. You know little things like that and more that helps to win ball games and protects your teammates.

Josh is only 16. You're how old?????? Go play with others your own age. Your half-baked apology is accepted.