Coffee County

mynameis

This is ridiculous. Coach Tipps isn't going anywhere. Their problem is that they are a very young team that has no real consistent scoring threat other than Benjamin. Buchanan and Carden will occasionally add some scoring punch and those are the games they usually compete in. I will say that I feel Tipps system may be a little complex for this young team but he knows what he is doing. It isn't much of a secret, double or triple team Benjamin, and you pretty much shut down Coffee County. If you want to look at a problem look at the boys team.

Nice post Jonathan, but I will have to disagree with the idea that the boys team has been a let down. No one expected much out of them, no size, and several players with known attitude problems. Coach Taylor has done all he can do. Anyway all this talk about the boys team should be on a different thread.

I don't think the team has been a let down but there are some serious problems there. And there is something you can do with those kids with attitudes, don't let them play. Forget about how good they "could" be and realize that they just don't want to give in to the system. But like you said enough of this about the boys. On a brighter note, the girls do have a solid core of players coming up that could develop into something fun to watch.

I˜m afraid Coach Tipps does not have any job security. At Coffee County this year, no one is safe. I smell an old-fashioned house-cleanin˜ ahead. The new football coach pretty much has carte blanche- so nontenured coaches are gone, and tenured coaches who don˜t fit into the program might be driving to another county school next year. My guess is that even the AD will be demoted or choose to retire. I hope the new football coach and his new assistants are taking notes. History repeats itself far into the future.

Mynameis, the team over at Westwood was a very good junior high team that played a few solid freshman teams but for the most part beat up on some bad junior high teams. As far as someone contributing next year, if all of their ninth graders go to the high school next year--all will contribute in some fashion, but the first one that comes to mind is Kayla Thompson. Honestly, I think she could have contributed last year as an eighth grader. She is a very smart basketball player that gets after it on defense, can shoot the ball and an excellent free throw shooter. Melissa Gamble was the teams best defender and improved her outside shot throughout the year. Krista Clem is a shooter and a scorer and Leah Shelton is a hard-nosed player that finds rebounds. But I think the major contributions will be in two years, when you add some of the eighth graders from the Middle School to the mix. Those girls only got better through the year and I think the improvement will only take place over the next two years. But the important thing is that the administration and most importantly, the parents have to let the coach do just that--coach.