Cheerleading vs Basketball

2sweet4u

cheerleading at the highschool where i graduated was terrible. They were only allowed to cheer verbally. They did no stunts or anything worth watching. They are so boring it is pitiful. I wouldn't even miss our cheerleaders if they didn't show up. Our student body blows our cheerleaders out of the gym. Because they aren't required to perform stunts the quality of the cheerleaders has hit rock bottom at my school.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright guys...cheerleading is much harder than some of you may think. we spend hours of time practicing to give the audience something to watch. for those of you who are bashing cheerleaders...id like to see you do a basket toss

reload to lib. plus theres many expenses involved in cheerleading. camp, camp clothes, new uniforms, warm up outfits, tumbling classes every week. also, its not just about us and how good we are. we support our teams and even make them things with candy for big games. some of the players are appreciative, and some arent. but hey, its the thought that counts. but the season's almost over, and its about to start all over again. cheerleading is hard work and very time consuming...but i think its worth it. : )

I don't understand why everyone is so upset. I guess being from Celina, I just have no idea what everyone is talking about. Our cheerleaders have never NOT got along with the teams they cheer for. They may not like some specific person, but they cheer for the team. Cheerleading is a sport, but some squads may work harder as a whole than others, which I think is what CHSbulldog12 meant when he mentioned an off season. Not every squad competes, so some do have off seasons. I think the cheerleaders do make a difference. There's no law saying you can't look good while you cheer a team on. Seriously, where else can a teenager yell at a group of people and tell them what to do? I guess Celina's cheerleaders are lucky that the fans will listen to them at tourney time.

Our Cheerleaders at Community High School stink! They don't cheer to the fans, they cheer to each other. When it is time for the teams to be running out they are so boring! They act like they don't want to be there. The main reason our Basketball teams don't like our cheerleaders cause they don't do their job. For goodness sakes, when the word cheerleader comes to mind, you see cheery, peppy girls who are loud and are supporting their team. Well ours are the complete opposite. They need to learn how to be loud and represent their team and to keep the crowd in the game. So if any of yall are reading this take my advise look at the other teams cheerleaders and copy them cause yall need some practice.

I don't like having to lock this thread but the direction this conversation has taken is the same direction that it always takes and there is not much to be gained by this. The conscientious remarks end up being overcome by the other kinds and an us vs them mentality takes over. Sorry. Maybe we can try this again some other time with better results.