best pitchers you have ever faced

WH05

Cornpup, I see Jarfly everyday. And talk to him about our game the night before, or about the four hour practices we have after school. He has introduces me to some of the best fast pitch softball players ever. The man is an awesome coach, player, and role model. Not to mention a great father and husband. All of these people on here supporting Jarfly know what he's like. It would be an honor for me to introduce him to you. It would be a privelage on your part. :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Jarfly Dugger supporters, I've been out of town. Look, I would love to meet Jarfly, but it's still not gonna change my opinion that he has never thrown a softball over 100 mph. Think about this; a baseball weighs 5 oz. and a softball weighs 6 1/4 oz. So unless I'm the most stupid person to ever walk the earth, a softball is an ounce and a quarter heavier than a baseball. The circumference of a baseball is very small when compared to a softball which makes the baseball easier to dominate with the fingers. You with me so far? OK, Nolan Ryan arguably had the best throwing arm anyone has ever seen. He could throw a baseball over 100 only on his best days. And you are asking me to believe that Jarfly or anyone else for that matter could throw a bigger, heavier ball faster underhanded than Nolan Ryan could throw a smaller, lighter ball overhanded (not even mentioning the fact that Nolan Ryan had the leverage of throwing downhill off a mound), well I guess I did mention it. But anyways, I'm sure Jarfly is a great person and pitcher just like you say, but I'm sorry, he did not throw a softball over 100 mph underhanded or overhanded or side armed or any othr way you can think of. Sorry, but it didn't happen.

Amy Robertson on Baylor probably didn't throw as hard as some listed, didn't have as good "stuff" but she was a winner and gave it everything she had, each game, inning, batter and pitch. Back-to-back state titles and the marathon game against Brentwood should put her among the best. She was also one of the best defensive pitchers I saw, and had a good bat too.

Sofine, you haven't been around fastpitch very long if you haven't seen kids with shoulder problems. There was a study done during the 96 Olympics that concluded that the distraction forces on a windmill pitcher's shoulder joint are equal to and even greater than overhand throwing.