Tyler Smith

falconfan94

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think everyone that is critical of tyler's jump shot needs to realize he is a 6'6-6'7 sophomore!! for one thing he has no need to shoot jumpers with his height and moves down low! but he still has 2 more years to work on that mid range jumper and im sure his dad and coach holt will get him in the gym this summer and that shot will come around! good luck to tyler, keep working hard and make those critics eat their words!!

It is stupid to get on here and tell a sophmore he has things he needs to work on! There is only one person who is perfect and he does not live in west Tn. As a matter of fact he does not even play basketball! Tyler has a natural gift but that does not mean he does not need to practice! Where on here did I mention Lebron James and also did I not say he needs to practice! Get out of the west Tn. fog before you get on here and try to read something! :D:D:D:D:D

[Edited by smokeyvol1 on 2-23-03 5:35P]

For everyone thats hatin on this kid.....shut up. This kid has more talent than anyone I have ever seen around here. Who cares if he doesnt have that good of a jumpshot at the moment? If he's scoring 25-30 consecutively, I dont think that a 10-ft. jumper should be his key worry.

The first time I saw this kid play, I couldnt believe my eyes. He has more raw talent than anyone I've seen. Period.

And before all of yall start saying that I'm just talking like this becuz I go to school with him or sumthin like that...I dont. I'm from the great city of Loretto. I have been to more Giles games this year than I've been to my own schools games! That might sound a little pathetic, but if its a crime to go to a ball game to watch someone like Smith..oh well.

for all the Tyler haters...they kid is awesome. There is no denying it. And if its a sin for him top showcase his God-given talent....so be it.

I have had the chance to see all of the GC home games and most of the away games, and as much as Tyler Smith is the backbone of the team, Eric Howard runs the court. This kid hasn't been given enough credit. I don't think I have ever seen anyone w/ hands as quick as his. I know, Smokeyvol, you are going to say this thread is about Tyler Smith. And you are right. This kid is truly amazing. However, lets not forget what all GC fans and players are working for, a STATE TITLE. I want to wish Tyler the best of luck, you deserve it. As for Eric Howard, hold your head high, kid, you are some college coach's blessing in disguise on the basketball court.

I agree with you! But my point about this thread is that everyone has flaws but to get on here and tell a 15 year old kid that, is so stupid! If there lives are so prefect that they can now go out and find fault in kids then they don't have a life! Eric, Shay, Kash, Tristan and Tyler make a great first team! Not to mention Travis, Josh and Justin coming off the bench and the team not missing a beat! :D

everyone is argueing over a stupid reason, evertone knows he needs to work on his game it doesn't matter if he is a sophmore, great players shouldn't have to have people tell them what to work on, the bad thing is i think this kid is going to get too much hype to qucik especilly if giles co. makes it to state. he is a great athlete, no doubt. but once he is in college there will be people that can do the exact same thing as him so that's why he needs to work on his jumper. yeah he can dominate now inside, but will he always be able to do that in the high levels? NO, so he needs to work on his jumper if he wants to become a great college player, yes he is a sophmore but the sooner you work on it the better it will get.

Well I will have to start out by saying that Tyler Smith is the greatest player I have ever got the chance to watch. Yeah, maybe he does not have the prettiest 10-15ft jumper around but what does that matter when he is putting up numbers like 15 to 20 points almost every night that he plays. The only way that most teams stop this kid is by fouling the heck out of him. The first time he lit up Loretto at Giles Co. for like 35 points and most of the points came from 3 pointers. So the kid does have the talent to shoot, he has his nights just like everyone else. So dont get on here saying that this kid doesnt have a shot because me he does. Like Petey47 said I am from Loretto also and I have made most of the trips to Giles Co. with him and from what I have saw....Tyler could be one the greatest Sophmores in the state. Tyler keep up the hard work and dont let these haters put you down!!!!