Lexington vs. Milan

tigeracoach

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea he has lost only 1 game in 2 years, IN THE WEAKEST DISTRICT IN THE STATE in AA. Check the records of Riverside, Camden, Mckenzie and Lex. against AA opponents. I also believe there are several other teams that would have cake walked through that district. Wait till you see what Bolivar does to Mckenzie, Sside does to Camden, or have you forgotten what they did last year. Sheppard has been @ Milan 8 years and has not won as many district and region games as years he has been there. I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong, he is very knowledgeable and works hard. He has a ego/pride problem though and it gets in the way of winning. He intentionally will not put a kid back in the game even if it means losing, if he gets mad @ him and it don't take much. Check out Milans starting lineups the last couple of years. It changes every night. I can name dyer county, sside, Bolivar, lex starting lineup yesterday, today and next week. In other words there is a consistency there. Milans' kids play as hard and get less for there effort than anyone. Superior talent the last couple of years was Milans biggest assest in the district. The talent will be gone soon though as no effort has been made to build the program. Lex will win district for years to come.

Yeah your probably right. Their is always more behind all stories. He still has done a good job and will get this team back on track. As for the weak districts, I remember back a few years when it was district 14-AA which was one of the toughest in the state and Shepard had Milan in the runnings still. But you know the story better than I do. Good luck in the tourny. And hopefully everyting will turn out for the best.