pre-season all-state AAA team

untame

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never made all-state, all-region, or even all-conference. To tell the truth, I never made an All-Star team in little league (because my dad never coached a team). But now I am playing college baseball, so accolades are exactly that...POLITICS!

Baseball is the same exact way. It depends on WHO you aer, not HOW you are...

[Edited by illpete23 on 2-25-03 11:54A]

I would have to diagree that all state teams are purley politics. What does matter is what team wins at tournament time and makes to the state finals. Players with equal stats post season makes the difference.This is not little league you are talking about this a all state high school team & there is a big difference.

LEVI.....your living in a DREAM World if you think politics have nothing to do with this. All-State teams are purely based on local sports writers who vote on athletes in their markets whose coaches or team scorekeepers keep plugging them with stats on a continual basis. I would think it would be save to say that over half of the sports writers who vote on all-state teams have no clue how good that athlete they vote for actually is and some of these sports writers rarely visit a high school baseball game. They only judge their vote on STATS that are accumalated by their sports departments. Do you think that a college coach cares if a kid made the AAA all-state team? NO! He only looks at that athlete in terms of how he will help his program in the next 4 years. Throw stats out the window, which is what all these all-state teams are purely based on. A D1, D2 or even an NAIA coach looks way beyond the stat sheet!!!!!!!!!!!

footballfanatic, you must have been one of those kids whose father was to lazy to get off the couch and put his beer down to help teach you how to play ball. It was a lot easier to blame the coach who just has 2 hrs. a day to teach 12 to 15 kids how to play. The reason the coaches kids make all-stars is because the kid earned it for working hard on his skills at home and on the field. If you did'nt make all-stars, blame yourself for not working hard