Mr. Basketball - Class A

Guest TheOldGuy

Guest TheOldGuy

Well the season is almost over. I was just wondering b/c I have not really heard anything about who were some canidates for the Class A Mr. Basketball. The only one I have really heard was Casey Holt from Culleoka who was having an excellent season and that one guy Jake Skogen, last year's MVP of the state tourney. So just wondering who else might be some canidates?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Gray, although a good single A guard is not the best player on his team....Chase Richardson is. And I've seen PC's tactics on trying to pad a players stats ie: scenario against WC back in 99/00 when they were setting picks on our c-team to get one of the starting twin guards open to score 60+ points on our stuggling Wildcats even though they were already beating us by like 80 points. Of course that was a different coach then.

Hey easttensportswriter do you know the stats for the guys that you voted for like chambers and magaha or whatever and skogen or even the guy for culleoka or whatever I can't spell-cause I was just curious as to their actuall stats and exact numbers-actually if anybody knows please post it.

I understand the respect for the two mentioned in the post from Cosby and Unaka , but I don't understand the lack of respect for a player the caliber of Rocky Nichols.. He has proven himself year in and year out!! Do not drop him just because of the coaching change at Hancock County; that is not fair to him or any other player that would be placed in that position....

Casey Holt is avg. 22 pts, 10.4 rpg, has 90 block shots, 70 steals, 86 assist. 76% from the FT line, 67% FG and 37.7% 3-pt FG this season. Casey has 1680 plus career points, 690 career rebounds and over 260 career blocks. Lead last year team to a 23-5 record and this season 23-3 (as of 2-25-03). A great student 3.6 gpa (15 in class).

of course i remember that game your talking bout tfranks...man was that crazy....at most points they had all 5 starters in still against our c team...it was terrible....that one waynesboro kid did let them know what he thought bout it though....then soon along the rest of the crowd did too.

[Edited by xcat017 on 2-25-03 8:41A]