Giles vs. Loretto

wneely

What up pimpin? I have no idea how good this Earnest guy is, but I remember Birdyshaw was a key player last year, and I guess he's still out. @Giles @Loretto @Lewis Co. it doesn't matter if Giles has their heads on straight they will breeze through this tourney.

This just in, the Lewis Co weather service has called in and went on record as saying there is a chance of heavy dunking tomorrow night. We'll just have to see.

The Birdman will be ready to go, he fly in any weather!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrett isn't 100%... After a few minutes go by you'll notice him favoring his leg... However... He will keep tyler from putting on a huge dunk show... Tyler will dunk a couple times no doubt... But barrett has the strength advantage on tyler... So tyler won't be able to push him around... If Michael Kendrick could shoot... It would be a great game... But unfortunately that's what he lacks from being an awesome player... his vertical is unbelievable, his speed and quickness is unmatched, and his defense is top notch!! But unfortunately.. He hasn't been taught how to shoot a jumpshot... If only... My prediction.. GCHS by 24... But lets hope i'm wrong... I'd love to see Loretto pull it off... it's possible... but both kilburn and casteel have to be on.... and lamm and earnest have to play w/ no fear of tyler.... very possible....

You said in your post that Earnest could play hard for the first few minutes, but then he got to favoring his leg. I don't see how he can stop Tyler from dunking if he is favoring his leg. I would hope Tyler would use his speed and agility to get around Earnest rather than trying to muscle him around. I don't think his being back will make one bit of difference. CATZ by 35!

Guest michaelgar38473

I would have to agree with KROGERS. How on earth do you think that a person less than 100% could hang around with TYLER. When will you people see the proverbial light, and start cheering for a winner. The only thing that can help Loretto is that is snows, and they have some time to understand that they should just go home. I'm sure everyone would understand. GC wins 89-42 !!!! Good luck cats, but you do not need it......

[Edited by michaelgar38473 on 2-25-03 7:59A]

Michaelgar38473--It just so happens to be snowing in Lawrence County but when the game is played, whether tonight or another one, our boys will be there. We may just get beat 89-42 but we'll be there from the first whistle to the last buzzer. We don't hang our heads and we don't quit. I'm very proud of each of those guys on and off the court.

Ernest may not be 100% but he gives 100% when he's in there. He's done extremely well to come back from an ACL injury. Tyler may dunk on him and Tyler may not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Giles Co. is a good team with a host of good players. I'd pay my $5.00 just to see Eric Howard play. You have a talented team with players like Howard, Shannon, Gentry, Flether, Givens, and Smith. They may not need any luck but I will wish them the best of luck throughout the tournaments.

Best of luck to my guys, the Loretto Mustangs.

I never took anything away from tyler... I, for one, think he is amazing.... His speed and agility will get him a couple dunks... If you paid attn to my post earlier you would have noticed that.... But as i said... a 60 percent barrett will stop tyler from putting on a dunking barrage as he usually does.... his size is enough to limit tyler.. that's all i was saying.... If loretto boys wasn't missing birdyshaw the game would be a different story.... they would still get beat.. but not blown away.... But oh well... we'll never know huhh... So... Good luck to both teams.... I will definitely make the trip to see the game.... Mostly just because we are playing GCHS... U kids need to not get offended so easily.... Pay attn to what ppl say before u go off and get all cocky about ur home team... I cheer for gchs too.... just not when they play loretto.... :o

[Edited by mas1821 on 2-25-03 11:05A]

Anyone who is not a 100% will not be able to stop Tyler, no matter how big he is.Tyler will work in there and score everytime he gets the ball.If Tyler gets stopped or at least slowed at all(if any) by the big man ,he has Eric, Shay, Kash,and Tristen, not to mention the bench mob.... Giles wins in a blow out! 88-45

Shure Yall Have Yalls Predictions. Should Have Known A Giles County Fan Would Start This Thread, And It's Just That Kind Of Thinking Thats Gonna Get Yall Beat. There have been plenty of people on here that have said the same thing. Yeah, Smith Might Dunk, Who Cares!!!! The Fact Of The Matter Is I Will Bet Loretto Will Play Their Hearts Out, Unlike Giles County. They Will Be There To Put On a Show, I Can Already Tell You That, And Its That Kind Of Thinking Once Again That Will Get Yall Beat, but thats not to say Loretto will come out with a win. Shure Someone From Giles County Will Get On Here And Make Fun Of This Post, Or Start Trying To "Defend" Their Team, Go Ahead. Anyway I Hope Yall Loose. And No, Im Not The PG For Loretto.

I pick Loretto to win, 52-50. Good Day.

[Edited by score3 on 2-25-03 1:26P]