ELIZABETHTON vs Volunteer

CoachSH

It takes a big man to admit wrong-doing. Great job!!!

Now that the atmosphere has setlled down a bit, it's time to talk about the team game of basketball. Everyone in the Watauga conference support your team!!! Then support your conference by rooting for them when they play against District 2-AA next week in the Regionals. It would be nice to see an All-Watauga final four in the regionals (Betsy, Central, Johnson County, & Volunteer).

East TN Sportswriter.....I know who you are talking about with the refs. If they want to hold grudges, that's fine. About Coach Whitt's tech, since no one really knows what went down.....Coach asked the ref about another ref giving Betsy players "HI-Fives" as they were subbing out of the game and said that was very unprofessional. We're getting beat and the refs giving the opposing players "Hi-Fives". Well, evidently, the ref he was speaking to didn't like the way Coach Whitt seemingly rolled his eyes and gave him a tech. Maybe the ref got caught up in the moment, because he is an avid Betsy fan. You know who it is :o But like I said before...I'm through with talking about the refs. Our losing streak started when WE let them get to us. There's nothing we can control but our game. I have nothing but love for everyone...including those two refs you were referring to East TN.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i know what everyone is talking about the player shaking the refs hand. Well that was me. I didnt mean anything by it. If you watched the game and im sure most of you did...I missed a free throw and threw the ball back at the ref and it hit him below the belt. And out of respect or whatever you want to call it i apologized to him. Everyone knows how "testy" that ref is. I was just making sure he wasnt going to get to "testy"

Etown12, I never said that colleges would take Chucky over Vince. Get your facts stright. I may not have as high opinion of Vince's basketball skills as you and Stokomo but that does not mean anything else. In fact at this point in time I probably think just the opposite but that is subject to change over the next two years.

Also, all the talk about MVP, I want to say that there is a difference, many times, between MVP and Player of the Year or Most Dominant Player. I am not getting into the discussion otherwise.

Well, Well, it seems to me that with the name change and with Etown12 or CoachSH (pick one) falling all over himself to apologize for his comments, we must have struck a tone. If you go back and look, YOU started the thread by saying Etown "killed" Volunteer. You obviously are in full damage control....too late. Learn a lesson from this. You can't insult people when you are in the people business. I understand your enthusiasm when it comes to your hometown team, we all understand that. But, building up your team and tearing down another is a different thing entirely. Like I said, I hope you learn a lesson from this. By the by, I hear that Windows Office has excellent resume' generators. :)

[Edited by TheProfessor on 2-28-03 8:12A]

Grow up professor. If you take everything on this board to heart, I would suggest you logoff and never come back on again. A person has a right to whatever opinion they might choose. I get tired of hearing people whine and cry on here. Move on, accept his apology and let it go. He meant no harm, only supporting his team and their players. Surly you can understand this. Volunteer makes up 25% of the coach T message board. And not everything I read on here from them are positive. But I love to read the post from Coach Stokomo. You could follow his example.

Dog, no beef with you. I was simply stating that someone who is a college coach and a future job that depends on recruiting from the local area should not be alienating anyone from that area. Pure and simple- no crying there. If you look at my posts, I have said nothing about who's better or who should win the MVP. I just don't think what was said was very smart. Sorry you were offended, but the comments were not directed at you. :)

I want to send out a good luck to all teams playing with the exception... :o ....of Johnson County!!! I will offer you your Good Luck after the game for next week in the regionals. Coach Atwood, you are an excellent coach, along with many others in this whole area. But, for now............LET'S GET IT ON!!!! :o

[Edited by Stokomo on 2-28-03 11:00A]

I am done with this thead I started it. I was not trying to hurt anyone and I still stand by what I have said I might should have said it different. I love all East tn Players just ack stokomo or coach whitt I stick up for you guys all the time in Middle tn. This is not going anywhere and the only person I am saying sorry to is Chuckey's DAD!!!

BY the way everyone that is bashing me needs to look at the start of this thread and think make an decide I did not down folunteer. I sayed you got whipped and coach Whitt said the same thing in the Elizabethton Star.

GO CYCLONES!!!