Metro Football

nununu

A few questions:

1)Who will be the best F-ball team in Metro

2)Who will have the best freshman team

3)Who will be the best QB,RB,WR,LB,DB,OL,DL in Metro nest season.

My reply to the best team will have to be Hillsboro and Antioch. These schools have plenty of talent, can the coaches get it done.

Best freshman team is Antioch, athletes keep coming thru.

Haven't seen who will be Qb's this year

RB is Lamarcus Coker-Antioch "Fridge" Bryant-Hillsboro

WR-????

LB-Josh Neal-Pearl-Cohn

OL-???

DL-????

Help me out with some of these blank categories

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gra-Mar (Maplewood's feeder went 7-0) lost to J.T. Moore (Hillsboro)in City Championship. Dalewood (Stratford feeder went 6-0) lost to J.T. Moore in Playoff. JFK (Antioch feeder went 6-0) lost to Gra-Mar in Playoff. Antioch will be the team to beat in my opinion. Hillsboro will be tough as will Hunter's Lane again. HL will not be as good as the previous two years. Antioch has Apollo, Antioch and JFK schools to feed their program. That is a large talent pool to choose from.

Hunters Lane will be just as good as always. I didn't see but one middle school football game this year but I know HL will still be getting a great group of athletes. Their Freshman will still be the best until someone changes that on the field. As for Maplewood and Stratford they will have to see how many of those kids actually show up. Stratford will also have to wait and see what the metro coaching carousel brings. I do agree that antioch is loaded too, but aren't they always. :D

I have heard that McGavock will hire Dorris Armstrong after he finishes anger management classes on school time. I have to question the reasoning associated with this decision, if it is true. From what I understand he would only be there for about three years. I have heard Scott Smith did a good job interviewing and has a pretty good resume. I guess he just doesn't fit the "needs" of the school.

I think Broome will get the Stratford job. If that happens, I wish him luck. He will have some young tallent coming. I don't know about assistant coaches though.

I am still sticking with the same predictions from several weeks back...Campbell HL, Abner Glencliff, Armstrong Mc, opening Stratford for Broome.

Announcement should be this week, but as per metro, there is a possibility for change...as well as who will actually get these positions.

These decisions need to be announced ASAP...too many athletes sitting around waiting for the announcement! No matter how good the assistants are in getting players to work, this is affecting teams. Just like Scrappy said, this should put Antioch ahead...and it could. But HL will catch back up very quickly. Mc needs at least 2 years to tuen around. Glencliff needs more athletes. Stratford needs fewer probation officers in the stands.

The new coaches have been told they have the jobs, and it will be in the paper tues. or wed. and I wish all three good luck, because it is a tough job in metro, and all coaches need more support from the principals. If it important to the school, then it's worth doing it right.

:(