Chattanooga

bbcoach17

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah red bank may be upscale compared to the other areas of interest you've spoken of, however, compared to most areas of chattanooga it is not exactly what i would call nice. brainerd is pretty much an all black school, east ridge is more culturally diverse, and red bank is has a higher percantage of white kids. as far as the areas go i would prefer red bank to either of the other 2, however, if yu are interested in being part of a strong basketball preogram i would say Brainerd is your best bet. however if you are looking for one of the better areas to live in then ooltewah is possibly a good selection and hopefully our head coach is on his way out and since we have such a high student population it is a higher payin job.

[Edited by DaVinci22 on 3-5-03 1:08P]

LOL NO lol a lot of my family lives in red bank it isnt that good of an area and the school isnt too good they stink at football ... there ok at baseball and there basketball is a lil below average .. ... i like the ooltewah area for living nice houses close to everything ... Soddys good school for actually school for sports its .. OK ... but those two areas are good hixson is decent

Red Bank is getting out of hand a little bit as far as discipline. The community is a good place to live but the students are getting more rowdy. Ooltewah is a good place but there are alot of kids up there. About the same way at Soddy. Hixson is a good place to live and a good school. Their athletics are on the uprise.

Red Bank is getting out of hand a little bit as far as discipline. The community is a good place to live but the students are getting more rowdy. Ooltewah is a good place but there are alot of kids up there. About the same way at Soddy. Hixson is a good place to live and a good school. Their athletics are on the uprise.

yeah we're not counting the private schools i think he was talking about areas to live in as well. id go with signal, lookout, ooltewah, and soddy, east brainerd is not oo bad either... i don't know about hixson but i hear there are some good neighborhoods there. but as far as schools if you are wanting to live in the same as area as the school you teach at i would go with ooltewah.

i went to cleveland, and thats by far the best public school in the chattanooga region, in every area, grades, funding, sports, its well maintained. as for inside hamilton county, which is were i currently live, red bank has to be the ugliest town, but average sports program, although not this year, hixson has probably the most potential, its growing, as a town and has some nice places to eat and shop, the school has pretty successfull sports programs. east ridge isnt bad but, is really compact, the sports their has really made some ground from years past. overall i would go to ooltewah, its in the east brainerd(hamilton place)area, which is in my mind the nicest area of chattanooga, other than the downtownn riverfront, and the sports their is probably overall the best inside the county. second would be soddy daisy, it seems to be a very nice school, and their football, wrestling, and softball are usually pretty tough.

1.ooltewah

2.soddy daisy

3.hixson

4.east ridge

5.red bank