GovMan on Region 2 .. 3A

GovMan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure what William Blount has to do to get you guys to realize they can play, but that ok ... keep picking against them.

Beardens' huge margin victory over Powell was impressive but it had as much to do with Powell absolutely stinking up the gym as it did with Bearden playing great. William Blount is no Powell.

I've got a feeling Blount wan't make the mental mistakes they made last week against the Bulldogs. Wouldn't be surprised to see W.B. win in a convincing fashion.

GovMan

I saw W.B. play and I am well aware that they are very good. I feel that when they get on the big stage tonight they are going to wilt under the bright lights. If they can handle the magnitude of the game they will win. I don't think they can handle it mentally especially after seeing what they did at the end of the Karns game. That combined with Beardens nothing to lose attitude will in my opinion result in victory for the Dogs. I truly respect W.B. physical ability and they surely have game.

You think MHS will have no chance vs Dobyns Bennet or Science Hill? I hate to tell you this but Maryville beat both those teams in the Arby's classic this past Christmas.

I hope no one else gives Maryville a chance.

MHS beat AE and Cleveland in scrimmages. They beat Fulton,Bearden twice,William Blount twice,Oak Ridge,Farragut twice.

Redrage,

You make a good point about Blount ... their seniors must play like seniors for them to win. Against Karns, and really in their last 3 or 4 games, they've made lots of mental mistakes toward the end of their games. Senior dominated squads shouldn't be making that many mistakes.

They've got an experience advantage over Bearden ... they'll need to make it count for something in order to advance.

GovMan

W.B. responded down the streach but just ran out of time. When they jumped out of the gate I thought for sure they would run off and leave The Bulldogs but to the Bulldogs credit they responded and to the Gov's credit they also respond it was just to late. I hated to see any team lose this one. They both played with such heart and desire. W.B definately showed why they were champions of the District Tournament and why these young men will be champions for the rest of their lives.