Best player in East Tn

Guest boomer06

I wasn't there at the game, but the stat line (other than the final score) says that it was pretty even and that neither one out-played the other.

Also heard it's a good thing that Rocky has more self control and that Bradley needs to keep his mouth shut. There are some people you talk smack with and Rocky isn't one of them.

Anyway, congrats to UH.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey KevB--You might want to know that the Bradley kid doesn't run his mouth, so where's the "keep his mouth shut", come from? Rocky on the other hand had a serious attitude problem. He lost his cool on several occassions, including a couple of cheap grabs after the whistle. As for the stats, all you get around here is points information, and if you know even a little about basketball, there are lots of things that play into the game that never get reported. I watched Brandon play almost all his games this year, and this kid is smart, as well as talented. Rusty may have been a bigger scorer, but Brandon was a more complete package player all over the court. I'll tell you this too; Brandon doesn't toot his own horn like so many like to do in this age of trash talk basketball (which is a sad statement about the lack of sportsmanship now in the game). He's a nice kid. Too bad all the rabid fans at the other district schools couldn't see that.

First of all...I'm not a Hancock County fan nor am I a fan of any team in Class A...

Secondly, I had two different people that were in attendance at the game that said Bradley was running his mouth.

I witnessed him yapping in the 1st half of the Washburn game before I had to leave to make deadline and get home before 3 a.m.

The problem is, while Bradley may be a great kid, he's been caught talking smack. It goes on everywhere I know, but don't come to his defense just because you're pulling for UH or whatever. So far, it's 2-1 against you and the fact that Bradley was running his mouth. I thought the kid looked decent enough on Wednesday, but he didn't look to be hands-down better than Chambers from Unaka, who single-handedly kept Unaka from giving up in the game with Hancock County.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 3-7-03 11:33P]

From the Elizabethton Star...

University High 53

Hancock Co. 51

The University High Junior Bucs used a solid outing from Brandon Bradley (17 points) and Gary Willams (14 points) to outlast Rocky Nichols and the Hancock County Indians to earn a home substate berth with the regional tilt at Milligan.

Said Bradley: "If we wanted to win, I had to have a big game. The crowd really showed up tonight and kept us pumped up. I had to come out and show what I had to offer because a lot of people doubted me."

Bradley earned the MVP award over Nichols (22 points) and believed 'The Rock' was all talk and no walk.

"He wasn't tough defensively and he guarded me a little on offense," he said, "He talked trash, but he couldn't guard me. They quit putting him on me and they knew better."

Hancock County led by three after the first period, but three fouls on Nichols helped UH gain a 16-8 swing in the second quarter and the game never changed.

University High will host the loser of Cosby and Rockwood today at Midway High School.

Hancock's Aaron Seal finished with 12 points after missing the final shot of the game.

I'll be the first to say that I've seen Rocky give some shots to people, cheap or not. Normally, he gets double and triple-teamed every game I cover him in and I'm sure that I've seen him get held, elbowed and grabbed.

Just for arguement's sake, neither kid is an angel...

I'm done with this thread...Hancock fans can use the quote any way they want to...

Guest BleacherRef

I have watched Malone (Greeneville) play on several occasions this season and I don't think he is all that great a player.....each and every time that I have seen him, I have noticed that he is more a "bully" on the court than anything else (I have yet to watch him play a game that he hasn't fouled out of and the ref's let him get away with more than most), he seldom hits the shots from inside the lane unless he first pushes and elbows the defenders out of the way. He has a decent 3 point shot at times, but definitely nothing to bank on.

Well from another area district school in 1A, I am going to put my 2 cents in on the whole Bradley argument. On Thursday night, it was clear from the stands that Nichols was talking more than Bradley. Does Bradley run his mouth? I never had the chance to play against him, but from what I hear- he is a good kid, but has the typical 'UH attitude'. This 'attitude' causes a dislike for alot of kids and coaches that belong to that school. I mean, this dislike is probably just a rivalry engraved ideal. It is good that UH finally has something to be cocky about after all these years of doing so.

Is Bradley the best player in East Tennessee? Nope. Neither is Nichols or Chambers. They are all about the same caliber of player. Nichols is a pounding hard worker. Bradley is more of an athlete. Chambers is more of a overall ball player.

They are all good basketball players, but discussion of any one of these three players should be brought upon this thread.

Kev, you're right on the money!! Bradley talked trash to more than Rocky on the Hancock team. Hancock had not played them this year until then, and I think Bradley talked garbage to get HCHS messed up in the head!! We had only one meeting with UH and they won the game, but that doesn't make them the better team!!