Cloudland/Oneida

notjustafan

Well i just got done reading the old post about how Cloudland was going to lose to Hancock. Well as everyone now knows it didnt happen. Hancock played a great game, the Landers just came out and proved why the are one of the best teams in the State right now. And i agree completely, the Lady Landers are stepping it up right when they need to. As for all the talk about the shot at Oneida two years ago, yeah it was a nice shot, maybe a little luck but all teams need some luck every now and then. Hey Oneida, what happened to those nice pretty shots tonight against Harriman??? I guess you could have used some of those right! Anyway, this year will be different because unlike in 2001 we have the home court not you. So those nice shots that you talk so much about wont be falling as nice as they do at home. All i can say is that you better be ready when you all travel up here. The Lady Landers are really playing better then they have the whole season.

For the Lady Fans: Just a few things I would like to clear up. Amy Storie does not make the Lady Landers. Yes she is a great ball player, but how could she score or do anything with out the other players. Could she bring the ball down and get to the basket and score and could she guard five girls at once. Maybe but i really doubt it. Today i heard some people making comments about how Amy Storie is the Cloudland team and i just wanted to take some time to tell these people that you are completly wrong. It takes the whole team to win ball games. I have witnessed games where Amy only scored 4 or 6 pts, and did the Landers loss????? NO THEY DIDNT. I know that the people i heard saying this are people that could never play on a basketball team or have played but quit because he was not good enough to play. Amy Storie this is not anything against you at all. Your a great ball player and you do a fine job leading the Landers!!

Congrats to all the Landers named to the ALL REGIONAL TEAM: Tara Hanson, Nicki Webb, and Holly Blair And to Amy Storie for being named the Tourny MVP. You earned it!!!!

Hey Pondwater write a little something to me :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you're holding a grudge. All that worrying about a game two years ago isn't helathy.

Cloudland is favored to win this time around, but Oneida should've never got this far this season so they don't have any pressure on them and ask Cosby what happens when the Lady Indians play like there's no tomorrow.

You know "notjustafan", you guys need to worry about this Saturday instead of 2 years ago. We may have lost to Harriman but we beat Cosby, something you all failed to do. Most everyone is picking your girls to win, but you better look out because this late in the year when a trip to the Glass House is on the line the Lady Indians come to play. They let one slip through their hands last night, but I dare say they let 2 in a row slip. See you tomorrow night!!!!!

Oneida is only minus about 3 top quality starters from last years team in Amanda Jackson--playing at CN, Haley McDonald--playing at TN Wes, and Amanda Terry. SO...that is their shooter and ALL their size.

However, I never, ever count out those little Indians that could. They remind me of that little trian that could. They just keep chugging along getting the job done. Should be an excellent contest on Saturday night.

PS--I also think it stinks they earned the right to play at home and can't.

What makes you think i am holding a grudge, there is no grudge here. All i am saying is YOUR people need to let the shot then go. I mean it was a lucky shot and you all earned the win. Big deal. Thats all i am saying. Its not like i or anyone from Cloudland is thinking about then instead of now. I mean the girls know what they have to do to win. And in my opinion they will show it to you all tomorrow.

Right on the money, i mean Cloudland needs to add seats or something. Because when you earn home court you need to use that to your advantage. Anyway, i think they should play it at Milligan instead of Hampton anyway. I mean the girls have been playing great there. So why not have it there. But either way i hope my Landers earn a trip to the BORO. Good luck Landers!!!!!!

The game starts at 7. I think the Landers control their destiny at this point. I think Oneida will have their work cut out for them. It also depends if Cloudland can get over jumping all over a teammate for no reason at all even though they THOUGHT they had one. So good luck Lady Landers lets go to the 'Boro

[Edited by landergolfer on 3-9-03 1:16P]

You know I am really getting sick and tired of hearing you guys crying about how hard you worked to get home court advantage and you are getting that taken away from you. It is not our fault that you guys have a small gym, so just get over it. And this Oneida team is not anywhere close to the same one you all played against last year. Yeah Oneida lost some great PLAYERS but this is a better TEAM. Cloudland better be ready because I feel that the Indians are coming to play.

No your right, its not our fault that our gym is to same. But i mean every other team that is hosting a sub-state game got to practice where they will be playing. Want to guess where our girls got to practice today. Not at Hampton. So i mean while everyone else is getting another day of work in our girls just have to try to prepare mentally for the game and then practice on the shooting during warm-ups. I mean come on, theres no way anyone thinks that is fair. Is it really a rule that you cant practice at the place if its not your home court???? This has to be one of the worse rules ever!!!!

Yeah Oneida better bring it. Or they will be going home to it!!!! So good luck to both teams!!!

GO LANDERS!!!

the Indians, in my opinion, are ready. and as for practicing on hampton's court the lady Indians did not get to practice there either so stop crying. good luck Indians

Landergolfer, I was just wondering what incident you were referring to when you stated that Cloudland was jumping on a member of the team for no reason? Cloudland should still have a slight upper hand even though they are not on their home court considering the fact that they play at Hampton quite often and for the fact that they won the Sub-State there last year. The girls have quite a bit of experience shooting in that gym and know how to win there. On top of that last year I saw quite a few fans show up from Hampton to help support the Lady Landers in their effort. This almost gives them double the support that they might get in Cloudland's gym although it would be a very tough place to play, no doubt. Short ride to Hampton for a chance at a sweet ride to Murfreesboro for the "Dance".

Hey soeg, Want to know why the Indians dont get to practice there??? Its because they didnt win Regional. You know in your cause they didnt beat Harriman! But heres some info.....we did win OUR region so we SHOULD get to practice where we play. But oh well i still think we can pull it off either way!!!!

So go all the way LANDERS!!!!!!!!