Blackman Blaze

Fullback49

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bhsol,

You keep going on & on about Smyrna not ever beating Boro team. Think back to the game last year with BHS & Smyrna, you guy's won by the skin of your teeth, very close game. It could have went either way. Were you at the Smyrna -Oakland game? This was pretty much the same situation, Oakland barely won. I know for a fact Smyrna's QB #14 Wolke has been in the Gym & gained 20 lbs of muscle & David Shannon will be ready for you too. :):)

I played in that game for Smyrna(now at riverdale) and Blackman should not have won that game. At the end of regulation with the game tied we lined up to kick a field goal that was as short as a extra point. We missed it. The game went to overtime and Blackman got the ball first. If I remember correctly they finally punched it in on either 3rd or 4rth down. We scored and decided to go for 2, (due to our kicking woes throughout the season), for the win and fell just short. It was about the closest and most heart-breaking defeat I had ever suffered especially because I got a zone exemption to attend Smyrna over Blackman which was at first denied by Blackman's Principal.(I still believe today that their coaches had something to do with this)Anyway, I went to the school board and they overrided the decision and allowed me to attend Smyrna where I went until the 2nd semester of this year. I truly truly dislike Blackman High School. STILL CANNOT CHANGE USERNAME FOR SOME REASON IT JUST SAYS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED

[Edited by dog7272 on 3-25-03 12:23P]

Uhh Dog, I was at the game and you don't remember well. You guys didn't score a TD in overtime. Blackman kicked a FG and then you guys went for a TD on 4th down and didn't get it.

As bad as you hate BHS, did you hate them worse last year when they beat you or the year before. I guess your zone exemption cost you 3 playoff wins and playing in some very exciting (albeit) losing contests versus Riverdale.

Shoot, If you can't beat 'em, join em.

Hey dog,

If yall had a half way descent field goal kicker yall would of won that game. Yall had the most talent in the region and the least with it! The funniest thing I saw last year was after the Smyrna-Blackman game a girl that was dressed in Smyrna stuff ran out on to the field and kicked a field from the exact spot where yalls kicker had missed 4 straight and she knocked right down the middle.haha!!!

I gotta get on here and talk about Smyrna. With all do respect,FROM WHAT I AM HEARING, Smyrna is having alot of people quit from last years team, I dont know why. Plus with the seniors leaving i dont know if Smyrna will be really good. JUST AN OPINION.I played with all of those guys from Wolke, Shannon, JT, and Manning and i know that they are determined to win, but FROM WHAT I HEAR they will be hurting on O-lin alot and they have got some patches to fill on the defensive side of the ball. And about that game last year sure maybe Smyrna played a better game, but lets face it they choked (which they have a reputation of not being able to win a big game.) I mean they fumbled 2 inside the 5 yard line if i am not mistaking,and that was a chip shot feild goal they missed.

(THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY SHADY04 ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF BLACKMAN HIGH SHCOOL, THEIR PLAYERS AND FANS!!!!)

;)

Hey Shady04,

I hear also that BHS & Riverdale is hurting for a good QB.

Spring games will tell who has really been working out.

If you played for Smyrna in the past with these guy's and you know their abilities, you know they are capable of winning. Last year they had quite a few close games that could have went either way. Hopefully this year Smyrna O line will block so # 14 QB can really sling the ball.

Guest region4fan

When do you have your spring practice at Blackman? What about at Smyrna? I am anxious toi see if you guys can back up your talk with some action. Dog7272....WHY did you leave Smyrna? I am wondering about your loyalty to one school? Blackman to Smyrna to Riverdale. Is Siegel next??

touchdown, with all due respect, HOW COULD RIVERDALE BE HURTING FOR A QB??? i'd hope dave thomas established himself as a key player considering he got a significant amount of play this past year, including in the state championship.

dog7272, sounds like you've had a bad experience with blackman athletics, but that doesn't mean we should have lost to smyrna in a ball game. both teams knew what was riding on that win, and i'm sure both teams wanted it just as bad as the other, but to say that blackman shouldn't have won is nonsensical. you're right, smyrna could have won just as easily, but they didn't. it all amounts to luck of the draw sometimes. i hate that it happens that way, but it does. besides, next year it's all wide open. the lineups will be different, and the competition will be too. and who knows...smyrna might just beat one of the boro teams. :D