Greeneville vs. Maryville

heels

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BleacherRef

I don't know who Houser is, but from the sounds of it, he's a toothpick compared to Malone! Better watch that elbow, and shoulder, and knee....I don't think a mishap with Lee Humphrey last year is going to intimidate the likes of Malone this year; after all, he don't know how to play any other way!

DB played played malone pretty good in the Region Finals. Malone scored 7 pts. 1 3pt, 1 layup, and 2 FT, and he stayed in foul trouble and did foul out. Jarrod Wootten is 6'5" and Thomas harrison is 6'3", they took turns guarding Malone.

Houser just may have a chance against the foul prone Malone. Malone could really be good if he would play smarter Defense and not get into pushing and shoving matches.

Good Luck Maryville

I'm an impartial outside part who has seen both of these teams a few times (Greeneville probalby 6 times ---- especially recently) and Maryville in the Arby's.

I'd say this is a toss up based on what I've seen. They are both pretty talented squads...although Greeneville is not as deep.

I saw where someone on here said that G-ville can be pressed---I'm not so sure. they DID have a couple of late tunrovers against DB's press but handled their pressure fairly well for the most part and weren't bothered much at all by SHill's the game before. Poore has been handling the ball more for them and is a very effective ballhandler. Blair is a solid inside/out guy who is a pretty good athlete. I've also seen on here that people think Malone plays dirty---I tend to disagree there----he CAN and does get frustrated but he is SO big, other guys bounce off of him. He will be a quality SoCon big man when he's playing against guys who don't fly away from him when he bumps them.

Maryville is VERY well coached and will be tough to beat at home. Humphrey is a gamer---I'd be very interested to see how the Poore/Humphrey matchup turns out. The supporting cast around Humphrey may be a little better than the 4-6 players for the Devils. They get very little production from anyone outside of their big 3. PLUS---Maryville can go deeper than just those 6 players. It should be a fun matchup!

Guest Grider

Maryville saw a pretty tough big man last week against Clinton. I don't think this Malone guy is much bigger, although he may be better. One thing to watch tonight is how MHS throws ball and head fakes the big man's way. Tyler Gaskin and Jacob Stout have hounded bigger opponents with clever maneuvering all season long and if he is foul prone that could be a huge key for Maryville. I think that Houser's play against the 6-9 guy from Wheeler, GA speaks for itself. And we know that the Franchise will come to play. I hope the Rebels show up with the same fire they had Friday night.

Hey Art... I would get on here and say everything that White Station needs to do to be you. Stop two players and dont foul, but you will not be a problem. Now about the not shaking hands thing... when a coach jumps out of the way of someone coming near them, allowing them to crash through and land face first onto concrete... yeah that is class isn't it. A big dummy whose name I will not mention but the first three letters of it spells probably the only class he ever passed in school getting on here saying someone needs cases of slim fast... yeah that really shows the class he has. I will, however, go for Dobyns-Bennett in the state tournament. They are a local team , although I would never go for Science Hill. But... I will pull for them, even if it will be only one game. I hope Art cheers loudly for Maryville on Thursday at the tournament.

I was at the Greeneville-Maryville game. Greenevile dominated. The kid going to Florida was shut down, especially at the three point line. The Poore kid was deadly for 3 and was able to get through the Maryville press like it was nothing. Even when guarded he put it in their eye. I would put him up with anyone from Science Hill, Maryville, and especially D-B.

Malone had a good defensive night. He was able to control the inside and Maryville did not score much at all. Greeneville just controlled the tempo... for all 33:12 of the game.