Miss Basketball AA now

Guest eaglemgr

Now 3pointer you're way off. Hall happens to be one of the best dang defenders I've ever seen. She's so quick that she disrupts an offense by herself. I have heard that Beechboard will take some time off on defense, but Hall is probably a better defender than offensive player.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for your info about the other two not having to guard anyone, Katrina Beechboard guards our best offensive player when we play them and does a better job at it than anyone has, she was guarding the Miss Nike Bastkeball Player of The Year for the State of Tn last year in Andrea Davidson, but hey what do i know i mean our team isn't that good anyways are they? I mean we've only won the last 3 state championships how good can we be right? 4 PEAT!!!

3pointer, I think you shot an airball on this one. Maybe you should do a little scouting before you mouth off misinformation about the defensive abilities of Hall and Beechboard.

I stated that Beechboard and Hall played a very tough schedule. I'm sorry you took it personal. That commment wasnt meant to ruffle your feathers.

Also, just to keep you honest, Westview without question hasn't played 13 teams as you stated that were ranked or made it to the substate game. Westview played USJ, Ridgeway, and Dyersburg all once as they made it to substate. Ranked teams Westview played were Gibson and Chester. That is only 5. When Westview played Obion they were not ranked, so that doesnt count. 13-5 equals 8. 8 short my friend. I stand behind my comment that Beechboard and Hall have played a top notch schedule.

So let me get this straight.

Since Beechboard and Hall are in an area of the state where they have the opportuunity to play better basketball teams, then that makes them more deserving of the award than Cavin because she isn't able to play as many teams of as high a caliber like the other two finalists. Whether or not you realize it, this is basically what you are saying.

Cavin has played her share of tough opponents and performed well. Just becuase she didn't play against as many "good" teams doesn't make her less deserving. All three girls are very deserving. I'm rootin' for Cavin though. :D

Let's take it to da ship Westview :)

It's a bird, it's a plane.......it's...Roboleg!!!! :D

OS91......

We will try and make it simple for you. Westview played in 13 games where their opponent was ranked.

YOU have been the one talking all the smack about the scheduling.

Looks like Oliver Springs did not schedule games that would help them get to the 'Boro.

Tell you what, come watch Jackson, LA, Westivew, Chester Co., Gibson Co., and the rest of the field this year. You see, they will be playing for a state championship!!!

Posted by thebeave:

Looks like Oliver Springs did not schedule games that would help them get to the 'Boro.

Do they pre-schedule region tournament games out in west Tennessee? :D

No one has mentioned it yet, so I will... the state tournament status of LA/Westview and Oliver Springs is reversed from last season.

[Edited by iamoz on 3-9-03 11:27P]

That was pretty good. :D

As you have read all year. Our pal os91 has made a point to tell us how weak West Tennessee scheduling is. He has also told us how our weak schedule would not help us out in the post season or at The 'Boro. We have also heard how our beloved Kendall Cavin's stats are a product of our schedule, system, blah blah blah blah.

That comment was just a friendly reminder that there is always a reason why we play the games.

All of this will be settled Saturday. Good luck to all teams...........especially Westview, Gibson Co., and Chester Co.!!!!

By the way, if you can, make sure you get to watch Rebecca Rowsey from Chester Co. I there ever was a year to have 4 nominee's, this was it. :D

Reevaluate the above posts and I clearly didnt talk "smack" about scheduling. Seems like if anyone has a different "view" then some Westview's poster cry foul. I stated without any reference to Cavin that Beechboard and Hall played top notch schedule's against some of the premier teams in AA. Then, 3 pointer claims ""nobody" cares and says Hall/Beechboard is inadequete on the defensive end ( clearly inaccurate) and then states Westview has played 13 TEAMS were ranked ( another inaccurate comment) I just corrected him. Unlike a couple Westview posters, I dont have a problem with Hall, Beechbaord, or Cavin winning this award- all three are very deserving. It seems like Westview has a problem with Hall and Beechbaord even being up for this award. This post is a prime example as it excluded Hall from discussion based on Hall not being in the state tourney. Seems like a lot of misinformation from posters who need to do a bit of homework to become more knowledgeble of what they are posting.

The "Beave" Just Curious, where did I or someone post that Cavin's points were a product of scheduyling or Westview's systme. Also, where did I post that West TN is weak????

Just Curious? Seems like you are crying wolf...

All three are very desrving and would welcome ˜accurate" posts on why they think Cavin, Hall, or Beechboard desrve Miss Basketball.

[Edited by OS91 on 3-10-03 12:00A]