BA's Josh Bone and Brandon Wright Best Freshman Do

papdoe

Folks, let's talk about the game. There will always be ways to attempt to delegitimize a team's success, but real competitors suck it up, play the game, and ask questions later. I don't know the specifics of the situation, but regardless of what people think, there is a game to play next Thursday at 11:30. In fact, there are going to be 3 very exciting D2 State Tournament games. Let's talk about those instead of speculating about suspicions.

Have a nice day! :o

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Bone has been at BA since 6th grade. He has worked very hard on his game over the summers, and has gotten a lot better.

Brandon Wright was the "big deal" 8th grader in Nashville last year, and got a huge amount of publicity. He considered only three schools to attend; Goodpasture, MLK Magnet, and BA. He chose BA. He never even considered attending the High School he was zoned for.

Regarding the 8th graders mentioned in the first post, it's very unlikely that any will get signigicant playing time next year, but watch for them in 2-3 years.

[Edited by itzme on 3-13-03 5:07P]

FrankL, please tell me you are not trying to start a recruiting argument again?? Ahhh, so frustrating, not just to BA people but all of us.... Let me think, how many court cases does BA have to win to make you people realize that maybe, just maybe possibly, they don't recruit???? (Including the supreme court of the United States, mind you) Anyways, this is not the thread to be discussing this subject-- there is a public/ private board on which i'm sure you can find plenty of recruiting arguments to join into. Please take this elsewhere

i never said anything about recruiting, and i never said they weren't good. They are both very good, everyone knew about Wright and how he came from Nashville, Bone just showed up some where down the road, i guess he never got any hype because of his size. But Wright is a great player, he never complains about the calls the refs call. During the sectionals, i was sitting up in the stands and i saw Wright have a very nice clean block. THe ref called a foul on him, he didn't even make a face.

I am not putting down either of them, they are both very good players that iwll be hard to stop in the upcoming years, not to mention this year.

I apologise if i hurt anyones feelings about this topic.

Brandon is an excellent player with tremendous talent. He should be at Hillwood which is where he is zoned to go to school. He was recruited by BA and they made a deal with his family to get both him and his brother. He may not be getting a free ride but it is close. Admit it WesVols, the proof unfortunately is out there. Too many of the AAU people talk. Secrecy is hard to keep when you deal with many of these kids and the AAU summer scene. I do not blame BA. Maybe they should contact Auri Allen since he withdrew from MBA. :)

Posted by 12NCS:

Brandon is an excellent player with tremendous talent. He should be at Hillwood which is where he is zoned to go to school. He was recruited by BA and they made a deal with his family to get both him and his brother. He may not be getting a free ride but it is close. Admit it WesVols, the proof unfortunately is out there. Too many of the AAU people talk. Secrecy is hard to keep when you deal with many of these kids and the AAU summer scene. I do not blame BA. Maybe they should contact Auri Allen since he withdrew from MBA. :)

Now that's funny! AAU people talk? That's about as reliable as an internet chat room. Financial aid is a part of Division II. No aid can be promised upon admission. As Wes points out, an independent service determines the amount. I don't know whether the Wright brothers receive financial aid or not. It's really unfortunate that any African-American kid who attends a DII school and participates in athletics is automatically assumed to get financial aid. Trust me, they do not!

As far as "recruiting" goes, as already mentioned, Brandon was considering three schools. He undoubtedly visited all three. All three presumably put their best foot forward. He chose BA. That is common with many, if not all prospective students who are considering an independent school.

You make this sound like some sort of under the table conspiracy. Your biases are further illuminated by your assertion that "he should be at Hillwood". Based on what? The government run schools do not "own" the rights to any student, thank God! He should be, and is, where his family decided would be the best place for him.

As far as assigning "blame"...blame for exactly what. You make a presumption that this is a bad thing. It is a good thing for Brandon and Brian. We all have choices in our free society.

i can't believe you ba people have convinced yourselves that you don't recruit. every time i go to a football or basketball game, i am reminded of how pathetic of an academic instituion you have. frankL is right, you are brainwashed. who is the principal, brown, or flatt. i go to mba and play football and every day i'm proud that our football team so embarrassingly denied your school the only thing it holds dear, a golden football. flatt is not a legend in any sense of the word, and for the ba community to give him the respect that's given to him now, makes me sick. I"m sorry to bring up the recruiting arguement, but BA did get away with it, and i had to put in my 2 cents after reading some of the ignorance in this thread. the administration needs to reorder it's priorities, and focus on schoolastics, not sports. but wesvols, i do respect your posts, and people like you are why coacht is successfull. and think it really cheats out the good players you had (hunter mize, J.P. Wilcher, Pete Compton) that would've played and contributed, but were knocked out of their spots by these newcomers.

[Edited by BigRed3 on 3-15-03 11:24P]