Carter Hornets (Here we Go!!!)

splainshornet

How about styaing out of the county commissioner races and stick with elementary school teaching. I am sure that Carter will not be cheated, and anything they get will certainly be an improvement.

My top 4 in the region this season are as follows:

1)Central-- good QB and lots of firepower

2)Maryville-- they don't rebuild or reload. They just recruit

3)Powell-- still good enough to make you have to beat them

4)Clinton-- surprise team in this region for 2003

;);););)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You boys are forgetting about the red devils, aren't you?

1. Maryville - Don't hate us cause you ain't us!

2. Central - Good enough to win any region but this one.

3. Halls - Much improved offensively

4. Powell - Lost Milligan, but still well coached.

5. Carter - More talented, but depth is question.

6. Clinton - Lost talented QB to eligiblity problem.

7. West - Still struggling to put it together.

I will pick the teams to finish in the order of the cuteness of the coaches:

1a) Clinton-Catlett is a cutie.

1b) Powell-Duncan has Hollywood quality hair.

3) West-Rogers has that surfer boy look.

4) Maryville-Quarles has that All-American look.

5) Carter-Woods is cute, but needs work to catch Catlett and Duncan.

6) Central-Helton is getting a little thin on top. Propecia could be in order.

7) Halls-Shep needs to see the guy who worked on Michael Jackson.

Oliver P. Shaggnasty--that's with 2 g's.

[Edited by OllieShaggnasty on 3-24-03 2:40P]

Finish for 2003 in best region in State including all classifactions. 1.Maryville-Cant go against best in state 2.Central-Will get to top spot in 2004 3.Carter-Much improved at skill positions.Line will be key. 4.Powell-No Milligan But still will be HUGE 5.Halls-Will have talent to win but will Shepard play the young guns. 6.Clinton or West

• 2 weeks later...

Big Green looked crisp in spring game.Bailey and Reynolds can be big time players.Coaches have line looking much improved.QB looked in control of the offense threw very well in limited action suffered broken foot midway thru.Out 4 to 6 weeks.

Qbsdad is right.Carted did look pretty good at spring practice.They are going to have a faster team than what they've had in the past, and tougher to go along with that.Everyone thinks Carter sucks, and I admit they've had their downtimes,but next year everyone will see a football team who is going to do everything they can to win. And not even the great Maryville will be able to stop them.

What in tarnation have you been smokin'? I might see some improvement in the Big Green Machine, but to come out and say they are going to beat Maryville........well, that is highly unlikely at best.

Until Carter runs some resemblence of a comfortable offense,(and lose the Chinese fire drill they ran last season)they will continue to sputter. I don't care if they have Peyton at QB.

Some common sense must prevail before the Hornets can get "in the ballgame".

I saw Carter this spring and they looked ok. Good enough to beat Maryville? NO! They have a chance to be ok. I would love to see them finish third but that is asking alot. They just don't have the talent to play with some of the teams in the region. They just have to try to improve on what they did last year.

I liked their offense, at times. They ran a spread offense last year. I hope they stick with it and get better at it. What do you think they should run? The Bone, The Wing, The Power I. Do they have the linemen for that? I don't know.

Let's see:

1. Looking good in spring practice against a bunch of scrubs,

2. Winning 3 region games last year, 2 of which were against teams who won less than 5 games combined,

3. Not beating Maryville since the days of leather helmets,

I think these guys have a point. On second thought, I see no reason why Carter can't win the region! Give me a break. Again, there's only one explanation here. The Iraqi Information Minister has found new employment in Strawplains. His message has changed from "I swear we're winning this war!" to "I swear we're winning this region!"