Giles County vs. Fulton 1st round...

chill

I was hoping the fulton fan that posted earlier could explain a couple of things that Fulton likes to do on offense and defense. I don't know much about them and was just wondering what to look for.

do you have a standout player?

isn't 6'3 the tallest players you have?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...there isn't a stand out player on our team. throughout the year that has proven to be a good thing for us, however, some people think it will be a disadvantage going into the State Tournament...not having a go-to guy when we're down (if we're down...haha!). I guess we'll see how that play's out. And yes 6' 3" is the tallest player we have. Not a very tall team at all...but we can still h00p with the best of them! There are a couple of guys on our team that can JUMP out of the gym too! We've got a very diverse team as far as speed, height, and technique goes. But they gel well together. It'll be a good game Thursday mornin! We've heard nothin but good things about Giles too! I just hope we come out on top!

too bad fulton isn't from west TN, then I would have had 100 people telling me how awesome they are.

RP44 did you hear that Ripley might have been the most athletic team in the state(according to TWHOOPS)?

we played them didn't we?

double digit victory as I recall

Fulton has been to the state around ten times out of the last fifteen years since Jody Wright took over as coach. It is common knowledge that he is the best defensive teacher in East Tennessee. His kids are unselfish and play very tough on the defensive end. They hold most teams to 45-60 points a night. They play 8-12 kids every night, so most teams that don't have depth wear down by the fourth quarter. Their man to man D is as good as any team anywhere. They also seem to save their best for the 4th quarter. Loudon had a 5 point lead going into the 4th quarter in the region and Fulton outscored them 30-5 to win by 20. Tremon Hall for Loudon had 28 that game, but I don't think he scored in the 4th. They do not have any stars like Giles, but they have kids who definitely have strengths on the offensive end. A lot of their kids are football players who went to the state, or they probably would have lost even fewer game this season. They have great assistant coaches, and they do a good job in their motion offense. Reeves plays for the Travelers, but he is more of a defender and rebounder who is just now coming into his own on the offensive end. Cooper, Minor, Harris, Whetsel, Moore, Hinshaw, Gibson, etc, can all hurt you. Do they have a chance against the formidable Giles County, I don't know, but they will give everything they have for Coach Wright and they will come to play. It's never a cakewalk against Fulton. Expect a war.......