Dobyns Bennett vs. White Station......

chill

Well, a lot of DB fans have been predicting a state championship this season. As Ric Flair once said,"to be the man, you've got to beat the man". The "man" in Tennessee is definitely White Station of Memphis, so I guess you got your wish. Good luck to the Tribe, pull the upset.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have never mentioned the words State Championship this season, but I am so pumped about the DB Indians.

It has been a fantastic Season for the Tribe as we HAVE TAKEN THE TITTLE OF BEAST FROM THE EAST back from SH. DB beat Greeneville 3 out 3 times this season and their in the Final 8, so, I like our chances.

I know nothing about White Sation other than everybody says they are unbeatable. Did they loose to a AA school this year?? I thought so, there not unbeatable, period.

I do know the DB TEAM. We have a long time between now and next Thursday, but.... if DB can shoot 50% from the field (and they almost always do), DB will win. The Indians have a great group of Senior Leaders, in every position on the court. And we have a bench that can come in and take over the game, not just give a few min. of rest for the starters.

Let's yack it up. I will be happy to give you all the poop on the Indians, player by player. I hope someone will give us some insight on the White Station Team.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Who can give more insight on the players that have played each other in AAU from DB and White Station. Are there any extra additions to the team since they played. I know we can compete. We seem to adapt to any team's style of play. White Station is powerful, but they were beaten. What is a weakness?

Posted by ArtVandalay:

I know nothing about White Sation other than everybody says they are unbeatable. Did they loose to a AA school this year?? I thought so, there not unbeatable, period.

That AA team was in the USA TODAY South Region Top 10. And has been #1 in the state in AA all year, and has a AAA enrollment to boot. Is White Station unbeatable? No. But they're close.

Posted by ArtVandalay:

I do know the DB TEAM. We have a long time between now and next Thursday, but.... if DB can shoot 50% from the field (and they almost always do), DB will win. The Indians have a great group of Senior Leaders, in every position on the court. And we have a bench that can come in and take over the game, not just give a few min. of rest for the starters.

Shooting 50% against White Station is *HARD* to do. Another thing D-B will struggle with is turnovers, because White Station's defense forces a *LOT* of them.

Posted by ArtVandalay:

Let's yack it up. I will be happy to give you all the poop on the Indians, player by player. I hope someone will give us some insight on the White Station Team.

With White Station, where do you start? They've got 13 guys who will play college basketball if they want to. They have a Tennessee signee who may not be the best player on the team. Their third string beats their starters in practice without surprising anybody. Ditto for their second string.

Oh yeah, and they have one of the top five coaches in the state. Beating White Station is a *TALL* order.

It's going to be tough. White Station is always incredible and I'm sure that they will continue to be good. However, for the people that get caught up in the national rankings and of that stuff, that doesn't mean they are the 7th (or whatever their ranking) best team in the country. I am definitely not taking anything away from them, but some people get caught up in the ranking junk.

[Edited by DBIndian99 on 3-11-03 1:11P]

If you have a big guy, then WSHS is somewhat beatable.

If you can get their guys in foul trouble by forcing it inside, and going to the free throw line, it will definitely help.

White Station is not the biggest team I have ever seen (Hamilton is much bigger)...but all their players are like 6'3...It's kinda strange actually.

A big time post player could possibly cause some problems for WSHS and if he gets a lot of open looks, then thats the only way you could shoot around 50% for the game against them.

They are beatable, possibly because they are not as explosive on offense as years past.