4-PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoopfan

If you look back many weeks ago when nobody was ever talking or rating JC I said then that JC would bring back a gold ball.All I could ever hear was Mcminn, Westview, Gibson co etc.Coachts power rating never talked about JC,they did not until one week before the state and then had them in the top 5.I would come on here and say somthing about his ratings and get this talk about who you play and who the teams you play compete against.For those who cannot hear JC has a hard schedule.They play the best.Their district 7AA has had a team in the state 13 of the last 17 yrs.JC just pulled a 4 peat.They played Shelbyville 2 times this year.By the way I also said on those same posts that Shelbyville would also bring home a gold ball.CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!! Congrats again JC you are the best and your fans are the best also.I sat around you tonight and you and your team are GREAT!!!!!What is a 5 peat??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen you play against White County in the Shootout, in both the district and region finals against LA, and Friday against Chester. I knew you had a very good team and had a chance to win it all. I think I speak for the majority of White County fans in saying congratulations on a great season and your four-peat.

The TSSAA doesn't have a problem with Jackson County winning four straight. Let a private school have the success JC does and it would be unfair recruiting. Give me a break! There are some public schools as well as some private schools that we ALL know recruit. Get off the private schools backs. Enough is enough. Once seperated will Jackson County and Shelbyville have any competition?

One more thing, when the refs are bad it's always going to go the public school way.

As a Lady Blue Devil fan, just a thank you for all the kind words from friend and foe. This has not soaked in for me yet! ;)

Eagletime, I took your post as an accusation of recruiting!

Here is the history, if it is recruiting, so be it.

Every member of the Lady Blue Devil squad (except #00 #12 #21, I do not know family history) was bred, borned and raised in Jackson County and attended Jackson County High School. Their parents was bred, borned and raised in Jackson County and attended Jackson County High School. Now I could go further, but you should get the message. :)

[Edited by 7AAwatcher on 3-16-03 12:41P]

Well, I can't speak for most schools on how they came up with the teams they have. It's really none of my business, but...I have a feeling there is not as much recruiting going on as some NON-CHAMPIONSHIP teams would like us to believe. Normally, I like to find out a little information on a subject before I decide to elaborate on it. I can honestly say there is NO recruiting being done for girls' basketball in Jackson Co. Anyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you that this entire team, even the coach, has always lived in Jackson Co. They were born here, always lived here, and now play basketball here...and "here" just happens to include one of the greatest basketball programs in this state. But, I guess if some of us insist on crying "recruiting"...if we look back 4 or 5 generations, we MIGHT find where someone moved to Jackson Co. in hopes that someday their great-great-great-great grandchildren would someday play for a remarkable coach (who had not been born yet) in one of the top programs in this state. These ancestors of this years' State Champions had such forsight to know someday women's basketball would actually play FULLCOURT basketball and include a 3-point shot. I guess when you think about it, if the people in Jackson Co. knew all of this way back then, no wonder they keep producing some of the greatest basketball players in the state!