Sevier County Boys Coaching

scbballfreak

It's not news to anyone the the sevier co bears bball team isnt the best anyone has ever seen. But, a good part of it is the coaching, and there are A LOT of rumors that coach gorman will be fired after this school year. There are also a lot of rumors the the farragut high coach wants the job. just wondering what everybody thinks and what everybody knows concering this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a big difference in middle school and high school in teaching and coaching. This is a nice opportunity for basketball coaches who are interested. My short list of names that I've already heard:

-Ken Wright-G-P

-Donald Dodgen-Farragut

-JD Lambert-Knox Central

-Jerry Green-just kidding-he's not qualified

Coach Dodgen doesn't know any kid at S.C. personally. To say he doesn't like him is nuts. Jeremy Parton is not only a good athlete, but a model student who shows nothing but respect for his teachers and coaches. That's one of the craziest statements that I've ever heard.

Ken Wright G-P

proven track record-great coach

question will the system allow a coach in the school system to transfer from one school to another

Donald Dodgen Farragut

proven track record-great coach

question would someone close to retirement want to leave a program that will win 14 to15 or more games every year go to a rebuilding situation (that is being kind)

what about ast coaches on staff

Guest KNOKNO

I heard that Chad Smith from SOuth Doyle was contacted already about the job. He said he would listen to what they had to say. I do know that he wants out of South Doyle b/c of teh school situation.

i think that chad smith is the best young coach in that district(district 4 is dominated by experienced coaches)and the best young coach in all of knox county

BUT

i think south doyle is going to peak this upcoming season

south doyle and bearden fighting it out for 1st and 2nd in the district and with the regional tournament being played at south doyle 2003-2004 look for coach chad smith to remain at south doyle

district 4

bearden blevins experienced coach

farragut dodgen experienced coach

maryville nelson experienced coach

william blount baumann young coach

heritage rines young coach

south doyle smith young coach

west lindsey experienced coach

sevier county ??????

district 3

powell ogan experienced coach

clinton lockard young coach

karns henson young coach

oak ridge norris young coach

halls webster young coach

central allen young coach

campbell pierce experienced coach

district 3 has a much younger group of coaches than does district 4

the sunday edition of the mountain press has the story about coach gorman's resignation

mountainpress.com