GILES CO STATE CHAMPS

RoyDMercer

Guest punkin03

I JUS WANT TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOBCATS. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS. SOME PEOPLE HAD DOUBTS BUT YOU GUYS PROVED THEM WRONG.

ERIC, TRISTEN, JOSH, AND TRAVIS YOU GUYS WILL BE TRUELY MISSED NEXT YEAR BUT THE BOBCATS WILL CONTINUE TO REPRESENT.

I JUS WANNA SAY TO MY BIG CUZ ERIC(WEEZIE), I LOVE YOU AND I'M GLAD U HIT THE WINNING SHOT FOR US. YOU REALLY SHOULD'VE MADE THE ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM BUT ITS COOL THOUGH. KEEP YA HEAD UP. STICK WITH BASKETBALL AND STAY FOCUSED. I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GO FAR IN LIFE.

TYLER YOU PLAYED GOOD. ALL YEAR EVERYONE HAS TRIED TO PUT YOU DOWN BUT YOU NEVER LET IT STOP YOU AND I ADMIRE YOU FOR THAT. YOU'VE STAYED FOCUSED AND YOU DID WHATEVA YOU COULD TO HELP US WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. I'M PROUD OF YOU. KEEP YA HEAD UP.

TO THE REST OF THEY GUYS, I AM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YA'LL. YOU GUYS HAVE WORKED SO HARD TO GET HERE. YA'LL REALLY DESERVE THIS.

GILES COUNTY BOBCATS--2003 CLASS AA STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone said we couldn't beat the mighty teams from the west but we did all the way to the championship. I still can't believe it.I am sure that Eric and Tristen will get plenty of recognition from the way they played all this weekend.All the west teams hold your heads up high because yall are good and hope to see you next year.

Even though i never thought i would cheer for pulaski, every since Marshall co. was finished i have been cheering for u guys. i just wanted to tell u guys congratulations. u guys did something that every high school athlete as wanted to do all their life, so be very proud of yourselves.

Stephon Johnson #24

Even though i never thought i would cheer for pulaski, every since Marshall co. was finished i have been cheering for u guys. i just wanted to tell u guys congratulations. u guys did something that every high school athlete as wanted to do all their life, so be very proud of yourselves.

Stephon Johnson #24

I MEAN UNBELIEVEABLE!! Everyone doubted Giles making it all the way in the tourny. They said the talent they would face would be to much for Giles to handle. Not only did we handle that talent we out played every one of those teams not to mention we had a little luck along the way but our boys deserved every thing they got after the season they had.They proved to the entire state that they were for real and they could live up to the hype everyone put on them. Congrads to our boys it couldnt have happened to a better bunch of guys!!! WAY TO GO CATZ!!!!! #1

[Edited by cclausel on 3-24-03 5:35P]

I'll be honest, when we won every regular season game (cept for two) by an average of like 20 points I thought we were going to get a little too cocky come tourney time.

I was wrong, as usual. Our boys played the game of their lives against Bolivar and still came up a bit short until a man by the name of Tristen Fletcher hit the half-court heave that sent Giles County to Murfreesboro!

I knew none of the state tourney games were going to be easy, especially against Ridgeway and we came out gunning, getting a at one time 7 point lead I think in the early going. But here came the Roadrunners, they weren't to be denied their last AA State Championship.

Ridgeway gets its last posession and I'm instantly thinking "foul him!" because we were up by 3 and in the bonus, but they played back and let him get the shot off. It's good! The Ridgeway fans erupted, but there was a small problem. 7 seconds remained!

Banks and Bush played outstanding at guard, but with so many team fouls you knew that Weezie was going to get a shot off and he is such a good runner/leaner/floater type shooter I just KNEW it was destined to go in.

The inbounds. Shay hold on to the ball in the backcourt just a tad bit too long to most of the fans liking, but now I know what he really was doing. He was stalling for time for Eric to hit the basket at the buzzer and not leave Ridgeway time for a miracle of their own!

The gym EXPLODES! I cannot believe we didnt rush the court, even though they told us not to. It's not like we were going to stay on there for the 3rd game or taunt the other teams players.

So, we're getting crunk in the student section and have no place to go, so what does Weezie do? He brings the gold ball over to us of course. At this moment, I could have cried my eyes out because it made all of us feel like we were a part of the team, that we were on the court when we hit that shot.

Then you have Kash, Ray (the manager) and Wes Carter jumping up into the stands Lambeau Leap style. We wanted to talk Chris Phillips into it, but he would have none of it.

It was awesome, thank you team, thank you coaches, thank you fellow fans, thank you Ridgeway, thank you Fulton, thank you Haywood and most importantly thank you TSSAA and thank you Murfreesboro for the most incredible experience of my life.

Wade, that post was truly awesome. You definately deserve a good mark on that one and you got it. I graduated from Giles County in '97 and that sight almost made me shed a tear or two. These guys have so much class and heart that it is unbelievable. The fans were the sixth man for the CATZ and ya'll knew the role you had to play. I guess when we hear that Giles County is a team of role players, the fans are also being referred to. I must say, that you and Ryan P. have done an awesome job this year. I have never seen two young men be such an influence on the student body as you were. I know that there were alot more students involved than just you two, but everytime I looked down at the student section I seen ya'll giving it your all. The CATZ went out and proved everyone wrong this year w/ hard work, determination, and the hearts of champions. The rest of this goes out to Eric Howard. Although I have never met this young man, just by watching him on the floor, I know he is something special. Words can't describe his leadership on the floor. This kid is fearless. He knows what has to be done, and he does it. When Eric didn't get named to the All-State team, he could have hung his head in disappointment, but instead, he stood tall as any great man would do. For this I commend you. I must also say something about the class of the other players when they handed him their medals. This was priceless. Everyone in that gym knew he deserved to be out there and you guys proved it and for that I commend you. Best of luck to all of the seniors this year and may your future be as bright as this year has been.