soccer on game fields

thebiggcat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE DO NOT HAVE TO SHARE OUR GAME FIELDS BUT WE DO SHARE PRACTICE FIELDS. THEY TEND TO DO THE SAME A YOU TALKED OF: SHOWING UP TO PRACTICE AND THEN LEAVE EVERYTHING A MESS. WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT KEEPING THINGS CLEAN BUT IT ALWAYS ENDS UP US THE FOOTBALL COACHING STAFF CLEANING UP AND MAINTINING EVERYTHING. I DO NOT HAVE ANY ANSWERS FOR YOU.

:confused:

I understand about the rich systems but five years ago we went to our old high school field and stadium and sodded the whole field we gave them a fresh start.The facility mor than big enough to hold the whopping crowds that attend soccer games.They refused to spend any money for upkeep now that the field is in bad shape they show up at our field.KNOX COUNTY has no guts in the main office. We have recieved 1000 dollars from girls soccer in 5 years of field uuse and 0 from the boys team.We are taking a stand.We told our school we would pay 500.00 a year and just show up. When teams come to KNOXVILLE CENTRAL this year be ready to play in a barren pasture. :D

As a soccer player, I think that if there's money a separate soccer field should be built, and it be the soccer coaches responsiblity to make sure the field is kept up. At the schools that have lack of space or funds, such as mine, I think the soccer team should be satisfied with holding practice somewhere else but should be allowed to play games on the football field. I love football as much as anyone else and want to see our field stay nice but think one or, at the most, two soccer games a week is fair and will not ruin the field.

Are you a player or coach.2 GAMES A WEEK ARE ALOT.It might not be so bad if you guys didn't get right in the middle and play the whole game.How much does your soccer team spend on a yearly basis to use the field.If you can afford to pay your share ---play, if not don't ask the people that work and pay to let you use thiers.I don't know any soccer coach that works on the field or knows anything about field maint.Has your team bought a mower or tractor or fertilizer. Do you cut the grass,who does it.KNOX COUNTY does not pay for tractors or mowers. DO YOU HAVE A POINT TO ARGUE. :D

If the soccer team can put in the time it takes to keep up the field, and help pay for expenses then they should be allowed to use it. But 2 games a week on the same field is too much. One game at home and one game away is a good idea. It should be up to the coach to schedule games, and he should take into consideration that w/o a football program, he probably wouldnt have a soccer program. The soccer coach and soccer boosters should help just like the football boosters do.

Guest TuckedinShirt

Dyersburg's soccer team use to play on the high school field.

About 3 or 4 years ago, they built a new middle school with with a regulation size lighted soccer and football field.

The high school coaches are now glad that the high school football field at the high school is just that, a football field.

Now the middle school coaches are complaining because the "regulation' soccer field has no crown... my understanding is that a "regulation" soccer field is flat....what? what sport plays on a flat field, no crown?

I play both soccer and football, and you can't just build a soccer field. It would be nice if every soccer team had it's own field, but most teams aren't that lucky. It's not all fun for the soccer team, either: During the football season the fields get torn, and the soccer teams deal with it. If you want the soccer teams to get off the field, pay for it! :) I wish our football team would do that, anyways.

So is there some dissention between the Girls/Boys Soccer teams and the Football team for the use of the field at Dan Y. Boring Stadium? They used to play at Gresham where the stadium is not safe and the field is in terrible condition. It seems like you would like to play all your sporting events on Campus.

Central lets Little League football use the field but not the school's soccer teams. Interesting.