Chattanooga Top 15

Indian

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped Sale Creek for losing 8-0 to Hixson, a day after Hixson lost to Bledsoe County. Bledsoe lost to Arts and Sciences earlier this year. I am giving head-to-head games the most importance, but the most recent games have some pull too. I had Marion in for beating Lookout Valley 10-0, Lookout Valley had some good wins earlier.

One thing to remember, this might not seem like a great list but it's considering only 5 Class AAA teams, Soddy-Daisy, Ooltewah, Central, Red Bank and Brainerd. Only four of those are competitive. There are 3 good division II teams. There are 8 Class AA teams but one of those barely has a team and another is not very strong. The rest of the teams I am considering are Class A, which includes some good private school teams and a couple of good public schools, but some of the A schools I don't even think field a softball team and if they are, they're not too great. I am thinking about including the 3 Bradley County schools and making it more of a Southeast Tennessee list but I don't see many scores from Cleveland and Bradley usually. It's hard to come up with a top 20 when considering only 20-25 schools and some of them not too great, a lot different than a possible mid-state and Nashville list where you could get 20 quality teams listed in a minute.

[Edited by Indian on 3-24-03 11:54A]

List looks good except I may place Marion a bit higher. Sounds like the score on Sat. w/ East Ridge, 6-0, should've been a little closer. From what I heard MC could've played a better game and for 3 or 4 innings played ER strong. Who knows? It's always coulda, woulda, shoulda.

If East Ridge is the number two team in the area behind Soddy then there is only one team in te Chattanooga are that can compete with the mid-state schools. I saw them play in the Hendersonville tourny. I have watched a lot of softball this spring and they are not in the top twenty in teams I've seen play.

How many mid-state schools are you considering to be better, and how much of an area are you calling mid-state? If you go all the way down to Coffee County, include teams like Hume-Fogg, so many others in and near Nashville and go west from there, yes there are going to be a lot of good teams. Aren't there probably 100 schools which could be called "mid-state?"

One more thing, have you really seen 20 better teams in only two weeks? How many teams would you think you have seen total? No one from East Ridge is providing results in wins or losses, so who did you see them play against and what were the results? The only midstate opponent for them I've seen a final on was East Ridge 6, Father Ryan 1, how is Father Ryan this season?

I have to admit I saw them in the preseason, and they got jumped on out of the gate and never recovered. The thing about East Ridge that let me know they really weren't that good was the fact that while getting beat their bench was dancing around like they wanted a pole in the dugout and none of the starters or coaches put an end to it. I think when things are going good then they prosper, but when some adversity hits they will fold. Since the week before the regular season started I estimate I have seen 40 teams At Least play and yes I have really seen 20 better teams.

I'm counting all the results I've seen, but this ranking was before any of this week's games. I think Red Bank lost to Grace and Notre Dame, not looking at anything just from memory, that knocked you down a little but those games are moving into the past naturally. Keep winning. I'd say I'd put you at #3 right now if I was doing it tonight since I am giving most recent games the most importance. I don't really have many results on East Ridge besides their disrict games, they have pretty much shut down completely the AA teams. They did just allow Soddy-Daisy 2 hits even though it was a loss.