Region 6-AAAAA

freeman

I love this region and the fans of it. What are some of the rumors going on in this region. Are all the coaches staying put? Who will be the team to beat? Just like to get some stuff going on this region. Hopefully not only Williamson County people will respond. Nothing against you guys, I just want to know about all the teams in the region.

Brentwood, Ravenwood, Franklin, Centennial, Clarksville, Kenwood, Henry Co., Dickson Co.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm from Williamson County, but I'm like you, I hope others will respond. They've been good about responding in the past. I haven't really heard much about coaching changes so I would assume everyone is staying put. Anyone else agree with me that region 6 has a good chance of putting out the state champion yet again? I think Franklin has a good chance of being a contender yet again along with Brentwood. Think maybe next year is the year Centennial really makes some noise? They had a great year this season, but something tells me to watch out for them next year. OK, sorry for just talking about Williamson County teams. Hopefully we can keep this talk going for a while. I'm going through major withdrawl!

Dickson County returns three in the o-line and their quarterback. I see the Cougars, Brentwood and Franklin as playoff locks. The battle is for fourth. I know that Kenwood played young last year and returns 19 starters and will get Clarksville Academy transfer Mario Locke (6'1", 190) eligible - joining Chris Wilson (3,000 career multi-purpose yards and 25 TDs) to give the Knights more of a dual threat. Coach says they're lifting hard. Of course, Clarksville has handled them three years straight and if they can't clear that hurdle, it'll be Centennial or Clarksville. I'm under the impression that Ravenwood will be mostly sophomores.

What about Henry County? Are they getting any better? They seemed to play everybody fairly tough last season. I was at the Franklin/Henry Co. game. They were tied 14-14 until a 5 minute swing of Henry Co. turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD killed them. Just wondering we seem to not hear about them too much.

Yeah, Henry Co. did play the Rebs pretty solid there for a bit. Drove the field on two nice drives. But, they didn't impress me. They were picked to finish third (I believe) in the region last year so we'll have to see. I know there's a couple Henry Co. folks out there that can shed some light on the Patriots (I think that's what they are).

Henry will be better than last year and will be returning all but 2 starters. The running back and nose guard were seniors, along with the right guard and quarterback although we lost both them early in the year to injuries.

D-Line will be tough with Walker and Trent anchoring at the tackles bothe were starters last year. The O-Line should be solid as well. Muench 6'4" 270 will be solid again as he made all-region last year as a junior. Blakemore 6'4" 250 will most likley be back at right guard. Johnson will remain at center. Several sophmores will be able to step up at tailback. Beard will be back at linebacker as well. The most interesting question is quarterback. We could have a a controversy. In spring sophmore Charlie Rose 6'1"gave senior John Hudson a run for his money. Henry County last year was in every game until halftime, coaches need to fix the the second half. Our schedule will not be as tough as last year. Besides playing in one of the toughest regions we also had Germantown, JCM, Milan and Marshall Kentucky as non region games lat year. This year we will pick up Ravenwood (new region) Mcgavok and Clarksville Northwest. We will keep Milan on the schedule.

Good luck to everyone in the district.

I don't necesarily disagree with your top two (though, I certainly hope and half think it'll be the other way around). But from there, I disagree somewhat. I think Centennial and Dickson County will battle it out for the third and fourth spot. And then from there, it's anyone's game. It'll be nice if Ravenwood doesn't finish last, but the first year at varisty level can be challenging. I would say though Clarksivlle and Henry County 5 and 6 and then Kenwood and Ravenwood.

GO REBELS!

Posted by couga14:

1) Brentwood

2) Franklin

3) Dickson Co.

4) Centenial or Henry Co.

6) Clarksville

7) Ravenwood

8) Kenwood

[Edited by FHSrebel27 on 4-12-03 8:00P]

I think that Brentwood remains on top of the region for right now...they have won it the passed 2 or so years, and until someone is able to knock them off they are the king of this region.

As for the rest of the region, Dickson Co. always shows up with a competitive team...and it sounds like Clarksville, Kenwood, and Henry Co. could all step up and make some noise in the region. And although Ravenwood is young...they will be scrappy, and they do have an excellent coach in Daniels.

Centennial looks like they have a program that is on the rise, and made a whole bunch of noise last year, as well with Franklin...the question will be "can these teams be consistent"

It should be interesting and I can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As of now, the QB getting the most snaps and almost definitely the starting job is Matt Solima. He was Reffegee's backup last year and started the Kenwood game. He has the tools to be a great pocket passer he just needs some experience. He has a better arm than Reff just not as much field savvy yet. He's fairly mobile and will be hard to bring down with his size. Like I said, experience will tell everything though.