GC...Best Team of All-Time???

Guest JBobcat

Guest JBobcat

Just wanted to put a thought out here and see what everyone else's opinion is. Does anyone besides me think that this year's team could possibly be the best high school team in TSSAA history (A, AA, or AAA) ?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge Giles County fan as well as a graduate of GCHS, but I seriously don't believe that they are the best team in TSSAA history. That is going way overboard. Granted, we may have one of the best players in TSSAA history, the team isn't the best. White Station is nationally ranked, they are probably closer to the best, but its hard to say w/out seeing or knowing anything about some of the other great teams that have played in the past. I think this thread should probably end here, it is only going to stir up trouble and criticsm.

Guest JBobcat

Who could guard the Birdman or Weezie?

Nobody!

They are the best tandem I have ever seen on the basketball court.

Plus the other three starters will be playing college ball.

JBOBCAT, were you at the Bolivar game. These guys all but shut down GC's starters. GC won the game on luck, but hey I will take luck any day of the week. Like I said before, I love the CATZ to death, but you don't see me on here making them out to be some unbeatable team. I know Bolivar had them beat and just didn't play that last shot fundamentally. We brought the GOLD BALL home, let that do the talking.

You mean Giles potentially has five college basketball players on one team???? WOW....They should all declare for the draft and skip college. Give us all a break, including your true Giles faithful. You know the ones that really understand basketball. White Station probably has 12 guys that will play college ball at some point. Put down your CRACK PIPE and come back to Earth...

this dude must have seen only 10 teams play in his life. i been watching high school ball for 14 years now and yes that does include very many games that dyer co was not involved in. i sometimes just pick a game and go to it. by the way, giles has a great team and yes it would be up there on that list of best teams..... just not quite the best ever.

again, congrats on the gold ball!

There is so much negativity in this thread, that I want to talk about something positive. I understand that Coach Holts Bobcats have some exceptional talent coming in from the feeder schools this year. Also, I heard someone say that there is a freshman guard at the the high school who is unstoppable???? I know that Bridgeforth Middle School won the non-santioned state tournament this year, and should produce some good talent. I any fellow Giles Countians or anyone eles besides JBOBCAT have any input I would like to hear it.

It's going to be a very exciting season, Tyler will be more experienced (state tourney play always makes you better), and I have a sneaky suspiscion that Shay and Kash will have breakout years, especially Kash. Deron Garrett is the freshman who you're all talking about, this kid is very quick, and very strong. He even played some varsity football for us this year.

The Bridgeforth, Minor Hill and Elkton players won't make varsity I don't think, and if they do, they won't have much of an impact. Look for Steve and Wes Carter to get alot more minutes if they get after it in the offseason.

2003-2004: The Year of Big Mike.

Giles County is very good, certainly the best team in AA and maybe the state - probably a close game with White Station. But to say they are the best ever is going overboard a little bit. It's easy to live in the present and forget the great teams of the past. We all do that - out of sight, out of mind. So many great teams have come out of Memphis - I can't remember who was great in what particular year. The best I have seen are the Science Hill teams in the early and mid 90's, but it isn't really fair to compare teams because the game changes. You have to wonder how some of the great teams of the 70's and 80's would have fared if the three-point line had been in place. Some probably would have suffered and some would have been even better, but it makes for interesting discussion.