Who would be on your school's all time dream team?

BackyardLegend

Overton High School(last 15 years)

PG-Mingo Johnson(Memphis)co 91

SG-Brandon Wharton(UT)co 95

Wing-Rico Beasley(TSU)co 90

Wing-Bryan Hight (LAmbuth) co 98

C-Brian Watkins(Notre Dame, Maryland)co 94

hon. mention

Chris Gentry (Georgia St.)

Chris Ladd (chatt. St.)

Royale Tillman (???)

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by03,

Mingo Johnson was the man and I forgot all about Royale Tillman. That guy was legit. Overton has had some ballers. The Hight brothers, Chris c/o 95 and Bryan c/o 98. Brandon Wharton was a star. Brian Watkins could have been but he was just plain lazy. I saw Kelvin Kelso of Antioch, who had a nice career at Aquainas and transferred to somewhere, dominate him a couple of times.

My all-time Overton team would be

Brandon Wharton

Mingo Johnson

Brian Watkins

Bryan Hight

Chris Hight

Bench:

Royale Tillman

Troy Tant

Chris Gentry

Brent Sullens

Jason Lockridge

Tony Hudson

Coach Griffith had some ball teams in the early to mid 1990's.

Another cat who could ball was David Boyd. He played at both Antioch and Overton. Dude could flat out stroke it. Couldn't decide which team I was going to put him on.

Edited by McNine4MVP

If i had to go onto the court in a life or death struggle, i would Mr. T., the Terminator, and the Easter Bunny...however, basketball is not life of death so i would have to pick C-Dub (Courtney White), the Sherminator (Sherman Moton), and of course, our own And-1 Professor...Mike Newsome.

And I'm Gone.

Can someone name their dream teams from the Carter Co. schools? Unaka, Cloudland, Hampton and Happy Valley...I would be interested in seeing these.

spinmoves,

coachtdog, whoever he is, actually left Hampton's biggest, bestest ever, what's his name, tdog, Long? Man he was about nine feet tall.

And there was another thread on this one. Maybe we'll have to do a do-over. :lol:

Can someone name their dream teams from the Carter Co. schools? Unaka, Cloudland, Hampton and Happy Valley...I would be interested in seeing these.

spinmoves,

coachtdog, whoever he is, actually left Hampton's biggest, bestest ever, what's his name, tdog, Long? Man he was about nine feet tall.

And there was another thread on this one. Maybe we'll have to do a do-over. :lol:

Stratford......

Point Guard- Ronnie Sharp

Shooting Guard- Sandy McClain

Small Forward- Reggie Moore

Power Foward- Cory Fleming (FLem Flam)

Center- Bernard Womack (would've handled Henderson Kelly if East would not have closed)

2nd team.....

Point Guard- Greg Jones

Shooting Guard- DeMarco Polk

Small Forward- Ray Watkins

Power Forward- Maddux (I guess)

Center- Henderson Kelly

If i had to go onto the court in a life or death struggle, i would Mr. T., the Terminator, and the Easter Bunny...however, basketball is not life of death so i would have to pick C-Dub (Courtney White), the Sherminator (Sherman Moton), and of course, our own And-1 Professor...Mike Newsome.

And I'm Gone.

The Professon is from Tennessee?