UTC

bearlock

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mocs wrestling must get support from the rest of the state but will no doubtly get a major support from the rest of the country. kids wanting to train under him and wrestle the IOWA mentality way, will come here to train LIKE A MAD MAN!!!!!!!

lets also not forget to support our other schools in this state that have wrestling at the college level.

it would be nice to push the limit and get more schools into wrestling at a higher level that just clubs.

You can contribute directly to the program. All it takes is writing a check and noting you want it to go to the wrestling program. Without separate donations, wrestling would go the way of men's track - another casualty of Title 9. Fortunately, there are enough amateur wrestling fans to subsidize the sport.

I brought this up last year when we heard Brands was coming. Why doesnt someone in the Athletic Dept do a season ticket sale for wrestling? Alot of us in Nashville would buy them I think just to help the program. Do it as a ticket drive/donation. We understand it will be a few years before he can bring some top schools to Chatt to wrestle and thats ok. Last year it took forever to find out about the schedule. I think the wreslting community would step up if someone provided any direction.

Just a thought.

reftn

Terry's first match of the season was in Stillwater, OK against National Champions, Oklahoma State...He will bring in the best...that's what he's about. THANK Heavens we do have a Chattanooga Press (Sports writer, Ward Gossett) presence who does focus on the sport and keeps it in the public eye and that of the UTC/AD so maybe the program won't get cut as the men's track and field just did. ~MM

[Edited by Matmaid on 4-1-03 10:26A]

I think coach Brands has to bring in the best available talent whether in TN or not. UTC should become a model of where TN wrestling at the high school level goes. I would think our kids would like to stay in TN to wrestle and work toward the "UTC" or Terry Brands style.

After seeing the NCAA's, I would support the UTC program regardless of TN wrestlers in the program or not. Not one to send a check to the black hole that is college athletics general fund hoping some of it trickles into the wrestling program, tell me you want $500.00 for my season ticket (way out of line in value for the moment), but with the knowledge it is going to the wrestling program.

reftn