GOMAB QUALIFICATIONS ?

FP

please inform us on what your qualifications are besides coaching aau out of high school and traveling around to ball games to watch players play. it is very important you let the public know what your credentials are to rank the young men in the state of tennesse in basketball and determine what college level they should play.your rankings could have a big impact on their basketball carreers.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaching and watching AAU and going to watch players play doesn't sound like a bad way to do it to me. Gomab will be the first to admit he misses some players but all you have to do is contact him, tell him about the player, and he will see him play when he can. Gomab has contacted me about players I have seen and does the same thing with others. I do agree he could be having a big impact on their basketball careers. Over 300 players listed for college coaches to go see, check out for themselves, and make their own decisions as to whether they fit their programs. Good job, Gomab.

Posted by FP:

please inform us on what your qualifications are besides coaching aau out of high school and traveling around to ball games to watch players play. it is very important you let the public know what your credentials are to rank the young men in the state of tennesse in basketball and determine what college level they should play.your rankings could have a big impact on their basketball carreers.

Thanks CoachT...

I have been Coaching AAU since I was 16, and have been scouting talent at various tournaments and showcases since I was 18... I talk to a high number of College coaches from every different level, and aspire to Coach in the college ranks... Hope this helps shed some light on my background...

Keep doing what you do Gomab. There are very few who could name a 100 seniors, juniors, soph, and fresh, much less rank them. You have more supporters than you realize. Most enjoy what you do. I do not always agree with your rankings, but they are yours and I know they are far better than what I could do. Your rankings are like tv, radio, newspaper, etc., change the channel if you don't want to look, listen or read. I agree with yours a whole lot more than the so-called AP experts!

[Edited by sls on 4-1-03 6:26P]

I agree, how can you not appreciate Gomab's work? Its not like he gets a salary from coacht. He does it because he loves tennessee high school basketball, like most of us on here. Can you think of a better way to put out rankings than watching and coaching a lot of these players first hand? c'mon now, lay off my mans back.

To all you Player Haters!!! Gomab does a great job that 99.9% are not willing to do. At least more of the TN players are being recognized. Chucky Lindholm might not have been recognized if it weren't for CoachT and Gomab's rankings. This site and all those who keep it going and rank players and teams do a great job and give a lot of kids exposure. And "If kids do view this post," then they can see where they stack-up against some of the best competition in the state. Everyone has an opinion like other "THINGS"!!!! Just make sure your opinion isn't mistaken for "Passing Gas" or it just might "stink-up" this site.

FP gets on here and asked a simple question. Everyone, including Coacht, seems to think it's a wrong question to ask.

Guys and gals, all we are asking is what is Gomab's criteria? Is Gomab2, Gomab? Gomab2 seems to say doing something since you were 16 makes a person an authority, It is apparent that playing AAU gives you a big boost in Gomab's opinion about you as a player.Some basketball players can't play AAU. They work or play other sports.

I do appreciate what Gomab does, but give FP a break or better an answer to his question.

[Edited by wcscr on 4-2-03 10:59A]

I think everyone appreciates what Gomab is doing.

Good hard work will pay off for him.Some of our young men and women must learn they do have the right to ask questions and find out informations on matters that could have an impact on them. Especially if they have no knowlege of the person presenting the information on them.

WC...no offense taken, but anyone who gives their time to do what these guys do, shouldn't have to answer questions like that. There are a lot of major scouts with not many credentials. The only credential you need is to be around basketball and have a good eye for top players. Also, AAU is a BIG stepping stone for athletes, along with making them better players because they play against the top competition in the country.

PS....If there are any players that can't play AAU, this site is a good tool for exposure. GOMAB can't see everyone in the state. Heck, he probably wouldn't have known about Chucky Lindholm if it weren't for this site.

[Edited by Stokomo on 4-2-03 1:57P]