Rutherford County Tournament

JeremyJ18

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright- to clear up some things and get people to quit talking about what happened between me and arman. Thanks for trying to get my back soccerdog(who are you?) but it's not needed. arman made the decision that he saw fit. He did what he saw right- whether he thought it would help or hurt the team.

Though I have been playing varsity soccer at riverdale for the past four years, I have received several red cards which have hurt the team and the school's appearence. I am a physical player- i won't deny that. Last year though I recieved a red card which landed me an extra game suspension. That game was a playoff game against cross county rival Oakland. Because of my suspension my team was not able to play as a whole and lost ending the season. I guess I've ended two seasons now with red cards... :D

Now it's the next season though and withen the first few games, I recieved a double yellow and a red. I played very physical like always and refs have been cracking down on players for that this season. I don't regret either of those two games. As a coach he had to make a decision on whether or not he could have someone who is prone to getting cards(at inoppurtune times such as last year) on the team or not. Why train someone who you can't count on being there?

He made his decision. That's that folks. Yeah I wish I could still play. In a saeson where the team has been going through a rough time with injuries and other unfortuneate things, I wish I could be there to help the team out. Oh well though. That's the past. I've had a great time playing while I could, thanks to all those people who make high school soccer worthwhile.

Peace to everyone and good luck to all...

-Travis Copen

Travis, you are very mature about the way you made your statement. Like you said it was a decision that was made from coach and everyone has to accept. You are a good kid, keep working hard you will be fine.

Courage is contagious.When a brave man takes a stand, The spines of others are stiffened

[Edited by shs01 on 4-11-03 10:12A]

I am new to this site, but have read the recent comments on this message board. I would like to take the opportunity to get a few facts straight.

1) I am not sure who soccerdog11 is but IM sure he is not even close to the MAN Travis Copen is. No one even knows if he has any soccer skills. He is obviously afraid to face himself.

2) I want to pay Travis Copen a bit of respect. It takes a BIG MAN to stand up and air his laundry the way this MAN did. Thank you Travis for your courage.

3) For all of you people out there who think Ali Arman is not a good coach. I would offer this. YOU DON"T KNOW THE MAN. All you people see of him is his love and intensity for the game while your on the sideline. This man has been more of a brother to the RHS players than a coach. Yes he is hard on them, yes he is loud and yes he is determined. He is not a tyrant and he is not a weak coach. He has created a winning record under a great deal of adversity. I would challange other coaches in this area to match his accomplishment. His decision regarding Travis Copen was as hard on him as anything, but at least he had the courage to make that decision.

Before you pass judgement on anyone why don't you get to know them. Find out what makes them tick. After all, whats sportmanship about? You can bet soccerdog11 doesn't know.

Last, don't count Riverdale out. The game of soccer is a strange game. In the end, it does't matter who shot the most, who controlled the ball the most or who has the best players. The team (not player)that scores the most goals is the indicator of success or failure and it doesn't matter if it's from 11 yards or 35 yards.

Keep it clean guys. This game is bigger than any one of you.