2003 Gomab Preseason AAU Team Rankings

Stokmo

I was told after the state turnament he was planning on going to summer school to take a couple classes so he could get on track to be out in four years. Playing basketball is not anything close to doing what you need to do so you would be ready to play football. Yes you would be in cardo shape but Redd needs to be getting alot stronger and live in the weight room atleast 4 days a week. you can not do that and aau.He was a big fish in a lake but now it will be an ocean aand he can sink if he does not get his mind on what is in front of him. :D

[Edited by bballlfan on 4-10-03 7:45P]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redd is living in the weightroom. Football is coming first for him. I've made that clear to him. He doesn't practice with us. He knows the plays. He just wants to go with us on tourneys. Redd knows the plays, knows my system, and has proven himself to be ready when we play. He will be just fine. He's probably in the weightroom now as I write this. If he does go to summer school, that is in June. When he has to go, he will go. I didn't see any complaints of him playing in the all-star games coming up or anyone saying he shouldn't. FOOTBALL is first on his mind.

Fan16, honestly I think the Thunder guards are as good as any in the state at their age. Albert Harris(AE), Alan Asberry(Upperman), Landon Thomas(Oak Ridge), and Travis Sikes(CPA) are all kids who have played or been courted by the Travelers and that alone speaks for itself. Throw Trey Tindell(Baylor), Elliot Bishop(AE), and Jonathon Jones(Sequoyah) together and that's as athletic a bunch of perimeter plyers as you'll find. Should be fun to see them all together once they start meshing......

Glan to hear he is working, there has been to many kids from east tn. in the past falter at the next level. They did not realize the work it would take to make it. One big name comes to mind that was at ghs two years after me. he could have been in the pros now but was kicked of the tennessee team for doing dumb things.Most kids do not have a clue of what it is like at the next level. They will have to do the school work, the ball work and keep their nose clean and stay out of trouble.Best of luck to Redd and may he reach his goals. But keep in touch with him because he has not seen nothing yet compared to what he is about to go through when he land at VA. :D

The Nets have a very good group, led by Senior Jon Boyce... I didn't know they played the Stallions, as the Stallions were in Kentucky the week before, and Substate last week. The Nets did take us into overtime, but we were missing 6 players (only had 6). Nonetheless, this is a very talented team that I feel can make State tourney out of the South Substate bracket....