most saves ever in career

GKJ27

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not say that this person would be wellknown because on a very good soccer program, you, hopefully, will not need a goalie which makes lots of saves. I would think that it would be some obscure goalie from a small school which loses badly every game. Why? Because it would be like shooting practice vs him.

Not to knock on your thread, but would the save percentage be more representative.

I agree. Alot of times a good keeper winds up on a lousy team. He usually makes about 15 saves a game, unfortunately they probably score a bunch too. The good thing to that is he usually gets some exposure. A keeper on a great or even just a good team sometimes goes unnoticed. Thats why sometimes it is hard to judge keepers. My vote for keeper with the most saves would be anybody who played keeper for Spring Hill for four years. Heck he might even accomplish that feat in two years. They play in the same district as Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, ouch!!!!!!

i don't know but the best keeper ive ever seen personally was Paul Love of Mccallie. The guy was insanely good, and I doubt anyone else has seen better. I'm not sure but I heard the guys is currently at South Carolina as the starting keeper. but I could be wrong... its just something I heard.

Guest exIrish3

The guy from McCallie was good--Don't get me wrong. But in 2001--Catholic had a keeper which almost single handedly beat McCallie--And that was then freshman Daniel Sheridan. While right now he is only a Junior--He is well on his way to be one of the great keepers. He helped lead a team that had never been to states before to two consecutive trips to the state tournament including a final four appearance in Division II last year.

Most saves would indicate a weak defense. Paul Love didn't really have all that many saves. Over his four years at McCallie, he probably had 6 or 7 defenders in front of him who went on to play at some level of college.

Daniel Sheridan had a great game at McCallie where he had a lot of saves. Doesn't say a lot for his defense. The McCallie game prior to that one, he had 4 or 5 goals scored on him.

[Edited by countrypk on 4-10-03 6:01P]

appreciate it flyer its just a shame that the goal that went in was prolly the weakest shot i faced EVER it just took a funny hop and i took my eye off of it and i think fatigue was settling in that was the killer of the game too b/c the rest of the team gave up after that b/c it was obvious that we werent scoring but i do apprecaite the support i just do what i can