TN best passing teams

tim4cane

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville does run a simplistic passing game but they do a lot of things in the passing game that put pressure on the defense. Maryville will use the three receivers to the strong side and throw back to the weakside to the inside trips receiver in the weakside flat. No one has covered that the last two years...M'town West in Semi's 2001, Hillsboro 2001 and again against Hillsboro in 2002.

In 1997 and 1998, Maryville lined up in twins pro, split weak backs and sent the weak back down the field in what amounted to four deep. Hard to cover and amounted to big gains in several games.

Maryville is not flashy with their routes but they tend to put receivers into spots where no one is there. The weakside flat is an area where it seems no high school team covers.

The one critical area I have of Maryville is not throwing to the flag route enough on the "smash". QB tends to force the stop route throw when if a little more patient, the flag is open. Several times Maryville took the stop throw when the flag was wide open.

-mba has a really open playbook and has the ability to pass all over anyone. michael fisher is a great qb and with receivers like scott pettus, tom santi, matthew jacques, and brad french yards come easy to their offense.

-riverdale can pass it when they have to. if their running game is slow for some reason(doesnt happen often) then they can always fall back on a good pass game year in and year out. i think riverdale will be really strong this year on the ground with spike mcdaniel leading the way for whomever.

-dobyns-bennett has an absolutely amazing receiver who can make any qb look like a great player. lamon williams will be huge this season in 5A...national spotlight type of player.

Ezell does throw it alot..I agree but your statement about them not throwing in the 3rd and 4th ..Is just a lie...They run it up and they play there starters the whole game!!I mean i know two years ago they beat someone 83-0(i tithink that was it)and there starting qb had ten td tosses...But your right they dont paly them the whole game..They let there jv come in with two mins to go..I mean

DaRock,This is a Rebel Fan and I just wanted to let you know I think you are a classy young man you always seem to have something positive to say about other teams in Obion county I wished you would have transfered to OC I think the football team would have improved a great deal with a player of your caliber good luck this fall to you and the SF RedDevils

hey gotgame...ezell does take their players out after the beginning of the 3 quarter. In that game..83-0, Ezell starters played about the first 3 series and were taken out. Their JV was the ones scoring in the second half. Coach Smith was running plays that would not work..but were working. He was getting a little frustrated when players were scoring.

The score of the game was 81-0, the Ezell QB had 7 tds at the half and didn't play another play in the game. The last 2 td's of the half came on a five yard hitch play and clarksville academy threw a pass that was interceped and ran back. First drive of the second half was sweep with second team back that went all the way, next touchdown was third team tailback that scored on sweep again...qb had over 400 yards passing in one half...know the facts...

The Greenback teams of the 90's. Greg Ryan, qb, Along with johnson, millsaps, satterfield, Mccollum set 12 state records at that time for passing and receiving. Passing game has continued to be very successful. the past two years, Austin James has a combined 5,000 yards and 59 TD passes, he still has two years to go. These stats were accomplished mostly in halfs of games. Wins for two years 22-3. not a bad passing program.

If he only had 7 TD's in the first half, and didnt play a down in the second half, how'd he end up w/10 TD passes??? :confused:

Posted by Paxton:

The score of the game was 81-0, the Ezell QB had 7 tds at the half and didn't play another play in the game. The last 2 td's of the half came on a five yard hitch play and clarksville academy threw a pass that was interceped and ran back. First drive of the second half was sweep with second team back that went all the way, next touchdown was third team tailback that scored on sweep again...qb had over 400 yards passing in one half...know the facts...