Brandi Scott signs!!

23sMom

The Cleveland Daily Banner reports

Brandi Scott is newest Hiwassee Lady Tiger

By RICHARD MELVIN Banner Assistant Sports Editor

Hiwassee College Lady Tigers head coach Bart Walker is excited and with good reason. He has signed Bradley Bearette Brandi Scott to play basketball at the two-year school and feels she will make an immediate impact on the floor.

"We're really excited about having Brandi come to Hiwassee. I think she's going to be an instant fit to our program," said Walker. "She's athletic, she's very strong and she has good offensive skills. The most important thing she has is a lot of commitment to being better. She knows what her goals are. She wants to play division I basketball so we're in the process of developing that game for her."

Brandi was as impressed with Hiwassee as the Lady Tigers were with her. She plans to take full advantage of her opportunity and move on to a higher level. She chose the school because it has the type of program she can make an immediate impact with as she moves toward her goal of playing on an even higher level.

"I like their program and I watched them play. I felt like I really belonged when I went up there and I felt like I could really play for their team. Last years they were in the top eight. Maybe with my help we can make it a little farther," smiled the confident Scott.

Scott takes with her to Madisonville a list of accolades many players would envy.

I her junior year at Bradley she was named to the Chattanooga Best of the Preps squad as well as receiving all-district and all region honors. Scott was named to the Holiday Inn all-tournament team and was listed in Who's Who among Student Athletes.

The honors continued in Brandi's last year as a Bearette. As a senior she was named to the Huntsville, Ala. All-tournament team and was tapped as Most Valuable Player in the first PGA Roundball Classic. She was awarded the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Award and was voted most athletic as well as being chosen Bradley's Miss Bearette Basketball Award winner.

Scott naturally wants to get a lot of playing time her first year. She knows there will be some returning players with experience on the college level but she is ready to face that challenge and give it her best shot. "I may be able to play a lot. I hope so. When I come in I hope to score and play a lot of defense. I think I can get some good steals and put up some good buckets.. I want to do the same things I did in high school, just do it better," she smiled.

While at Hiwassee Scott plans to pursue a physical therapy degree while she hones her basketball skills. The talented Bearette has met several of her soon-to-be teammates and is excited bout her prospects for moving on after her stay in Madisonville is completed.

"Judging by the way all the sophomores are going to top colleges hopefully after my two years I'll be able to a top college as well and finish out my four years," said the happy recruit.