BA-MBA

BiggestElk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been reading the posts both on this board and dyestat concerning the comments made after Doug Hall and i typically try to keep off these boards but i found if very difficult not to make a few comments concerning coach pruitt. i want to start off by saying that i have run for pruitt for four years and the accusations of him being an "abusive" coach to his own athletes and one who uses derogatory comments to, or about other runners is absolutely false. as someone in an earlier post noted, he can be known for his sarcasm and his comments/jokes shouldn't be taken so seroiusly or personally because they're not meant that way. concerning what was in the paper- i understand it could come off to many as him being a sore loser but this is not the case. i can assure you we were aware that we had a good meet and flat out got beat. we had a good day, BA had a better day, bottom line.

-as i said, i don't normally like posting on here but i felt obligated after the attacks made by some on this board.

NM, thanks for the post. Very well said. While I was certainly upset with the tone that Coach Pruitt reflected when he made his rather foolhardy comments to the paper, I certainly do not see him as a poor coach, or anything of the sort. On the contrary, I am disappointed that he chose to risk his strong reputation through a sarcastic aside made to a reporter. Nonetheless, best of luck to you this year, and to the rest of the MBA squad.

a few things i have to say about this:

1. as has already been said, coach harper is a great coach, and an even better person. total class act and the most humble person ive ever met. with all hes accomplished in running i dont see how he doesnt tell everyone he meets how good he was. yet its like pulling teeth to get him to talk about himself. simply put, outside of my family, he's the greatest man ive ever met and someone i look up to a great deal. what i wouldnt give to have another year running for him! (and marshall smith...in my opinion, the 2 best coaches in TN).

2. like nathan said, some things coach pruitt says need to be taken with a grain of salt. when i first started running i thought he was really obnoxious and rude, but as you go on, you just start to understand his humor (wes, you should know this). when i first read his statements in the paper i laughed because i knew the tone in which he probly said them. but at the same time i knew people would make a big fuss about them. bottom line, coach pruitt's a good guy and runs a great program. i would bet money that he was totally kidding in what he said.

3. coach pruitt is not a stupid guy. he can read meet results. BA beat MBA at midsouth, and again the very next week at doug hall, and again the next week (by a very large margin, so i hear) in a three way meet. by this point if he actually thought BA was winning because of luck, he would be stupid. again i say, coach pruitt is not stupid. he was joking!

sorry this was so long, but i thought i'd add my thoughts. see yall in memphis at state. peace

I do not know Allie B, but I do know of her times and I know what she looks like. If I'm not mistaken I saw this fine girl at around the 10.5 mile mark of the country music marathon that I placed 154 of 3020. I read Allie's comment that Sunday or Saturday morning....I thought it was genuine and one that could be read out of context....it sounded cocky but facts are facts...Allie and most of her friends are used to running very far in front...God bless her...she meant nothing wrong and even if she did she was not blatent with her possible sarcasism. To you BA fans, I could not have gone anymore out of the way to show love to Annie Santi when she left my restaurant in Green Hills last spring(and she was very cool...talking about Princeton and all)....I was just getting going as a runner and I had seen her perform at Doug Halls...she was a total "BA"...BA . I believe this Allie from HH is the kind of athlete who could be in Annie's class...or beyond (ALLIE IS AWESOME)...I understand the MBA coach said some stuff that was not cool...but this Allie is not only not uncool she is awesome...and I cheer for FATHER RYAN... I've got to tell it like it is...just like saying Annie Santi is creme de la creme when it comes to athletes.........BUT ALLIE JUST RAN 5:05 IN THE MILE....SMOKING.........GO IRISH