East vs. West

gitusome

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are right!! The game is a lot of fun, but the real joy is meeting the kids from the hospital. I never knew that kids really looked up to high school football players. They looked so eager and happy to just sit down and eat with us. Your kids will have a lot of fun and also have some new experiences to go along with it.

I played for the Est last year and if your son is going to go stay at the Smyrna Air Base like we did last year bring water. They have water foutains there but I am a big dude so I was making like 20 trips a day. They get water during practice. They also get gatorade after practice. In between there is a lot of thirst going on. I hope this helped!! :(:o

wuz up Bigsohw99, haven't heard from you in a while. I found some pictures of you on the internet from last year's game. Do you know how many people and who they are from Blackman are going to play in it this year? I was thinking that Rico is but I'm not sure who else is.

Bigshow99,

You are absolutely correct. Those kids in the hospital do love football and football players.

When I was in H.S., I had the privilege and honor of playing in the Shrine game. When we visited the hospital and saw those kids with such huge smiles, yet they could not walk, it tore me up. I must say it gave me a huge inspiration for that game. I will never forget it. I remember at the time, the Shriners had a slogan or saying that went something like this: "Strong legs run, so the weak may walk."

Playing in this game should not be just to showcase your God given talent, there is a real purpose...those kids in the hospital have a dream...a dream to live and to walk. Those are heroes to me. If anyone is reading this don't forget the importance of the game, to have fun and realize that God gave you abilities so others could admire and desire to do the same.

Good luck to all the participants. Best wishes to the heroes!

SACDAWGS

'92 Shrine Athlete (So Cal.)

I heard a ridiculous rumor that only 2 players from region 4 5a were going to play in this game and they were from Riverdale! This is a travesty, there should be at least 4 or 5 more players from this region! How can Rico Turner not be on their roster :confused: :) This guy was one of the premier backs/DB in the state! If he hadn't been hurt the first half of the season it's very possible he would have been considered for Mr. Football! Who picked these teams Murphy Fair the man who's book never was produced? RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

[Edited by slim589 on 4-26-03 1:47A]